Civic/6th Gen Project "Cheap as Chips"

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by kowalski, Wednesday 26th Mar, 2008.

1. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
    Project "Cheap as Chips"

Man i feel dizzy and a little bit sick. Been laquering my side skirts since I got home from work. "Always spray in a well ventilated area" sorry but the garage door doesn't open and the window is very small, no can do.

Anyhew here's the rundown.

I've got a ubiquitous Civic Illusion EJ9 which I bought off my sister for

2. [email protected] Commercial Services Trader

lmfao P.S. and no, an engine swap will not be being performed in the near future as I do actually want an economical cheap to insure little runaround at the moment. No harm in making it look nice tho!!!

nice well its nice to be diff and not do a swap keep her clean and get ya ass out to meets !

3. Lex. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

nice im liking it defo paint the grill black, wow and someone whos happy with there current engine :Wink:

Im shocked that you are only 20 something you look older in your avatar :Tongue:

4. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
    My resemblence to Barry Newman is quite unnerving to some people:Wink:

5. Anomaly Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hhaha

Thats not a pic of him.

Thats a pic of Uber cool Kowalski, from the Movie Vanishing point.

Nice car mate, I used to own an illusion too.

With some colour coding, a drop on springs (which won't cost too much)

and a few mods here there, it'll look sharp.

6. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
    Grille update.

At the weekend i sprayed the grille mesh really dark gunmetal. Sweet! I thought, until the sun came out that is, cos the darker less reflective grille made the original plastic slatts clearly visible

DSC00214Medium.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

So tonight after work I hacked away with a stanley knife at a spare grille back i had in the garage (allways keep spares kids, you might wanna turn it back to stock to sell it)

ET Voila! looks loads better. Although is it just me or is the H slightly wonky :O

DSC00221Medium.

Installed a Green Cotton drop in panel filer too. Probably won't give massive HP gains but it makes the engine sound friggin' sweet. :Wink:

7. lois Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks good, id personally just take the H off though..

8. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
    Well if you you wanna follow the herd....... :Wink:

9. lois Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah i no what ya mean everyone does it, but thats cos it looks better :Tongue: lol

NA seriously it does look good i think it is a little crooked though needs to go down a bit on the right... or up a bit on the left... lol

10. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
    Agreed, down on the righ up on the left :cool:

11. b16b bob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DIY CTR the headlights ,drop it , tint the windows and call it a day! nice car

12. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
    Doing the headlights this weekend and buying Eibach Pro-kit springs in the next 2 weeks.

Get out out of my head! :Grin:

Also getting that nasty scrape on the passenger door fixed soon, pisses me off everytime I look at it.

*Update in this post cos the fucking forum keeps adding to my previous post instead of starting a new one :Angry:

Headlights under way. That stuff they are stuck together with is the stickiest sticky stuff I have ever encountered and my fingertips are really sodding sore from prising them apart :Angry:

DSC00223Small.

DSC00227Small.

???

13. HONDAndy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looking good, to get most out of it id consider some anti roll bar, strut bars etc. as well as the drop :Wink: and possibly brake upgrade?

ps it just merges your post if theres been no reply within a certain time- unsure how long this is?

keep us posted :Smile:

14. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
    Colour is on :Grin: Decided to go slightly lighter shade than most people for a more subtle look. Colour looks uneven in the pic cos of all the flourecsent lights but in reality its somewhere in between the light and dark bits.

DSC00229Small.

And theyre on :Grin:

Will take more pics when I've washed it. I'm quite chuffed.

DSC00237Medium.

15. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
  16. Project Civic Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Good DIY job.

Project :Smile:

17. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
    The rattlecans have been back in action once again. :Grin:

Got Lip?

DSC00244Medium.

Cheers to Glitch for the lip

Next up:

Rear lip should arrive tomorrow so I'll make a start on that next week as I'm going basic camping at the weekend.

Going to colour code the wing mirrors and probably going to have a go at the fecking nasty ding on the passenger door.

Stay Funky :wink:

18. RoaringVTEC Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looking real sweet mate! fair play for doing ya bits urself!! keep us updated.

19. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
    Cheers fella.

Turns out I'm pretty handy with a rattle can which is why I'm gunna try the door ding/scrape myself. If I fuck it up I can just take it to a bodyshop like I was going to do anyway.

Almost forgot the vital mod :Wink:

DSC00243Medium.

20. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
    There were some lovely packages waiting for me at my desk when I got in to work this morning

DSC00276Medium.

Finally going to be lower :Smile:

DSC00278Medium.

Compressors, Polishing cloths and Honda S2000 airbag.

DSC00279Medium.

Fitted the wheel tonight. YESSSSSS I finally have a decent wheel and can ditch the god-awful spindly OEM piece of junk :cool:

DSC00281Medium.

Will be doing the springs over the weekend so long as my axle stands turn up in the post tomorrow.

On an unrelated topic I just had to take a pic of this sunset the other night

DSC00275Medium.

Up next: possible grille change and rear upper strut

Stay Funky :cool: