Show Us Your Car Project Car

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by AD09, Wednesday 2nd Dec, 2009.

1. AD09 New Member Getting Started

I was plannin on putting all my money into my Ep2 but as its not the easiest car to get parts for and i drive it day to day i've decided its better if i invest in a little project car which i can keep in the garage and work on when i feel like it.

Im looking at EG's but i wanted to see what in ppl's opinion is the best EG to get. Eg6, lsi etc

And what are the best mods for it? :Smile:

2. mu5k3r Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

well if you get hold of one, get a EG6 sir import. they are lush and if you geta mint one even better. as for mods, there seems to be no limit, you can get everything.

3. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

Yep, endless amount of mods for the B16a and plenty of option for engine change.

But you want to ask yourself is what you want to do with the EG and how much you want to spend.

Its easy to spend money, it is hard to spend it effectively. :Grin:

4. Lazar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks lads my mate wrote this on his account this morning for me.

Im not sure how much im plannin to spend but id like it to be a weekend car which i can use on the track aswell. Ill defo look into getin the Eg6 sir then.

In terms of parts it probly best to aim to get the best parts I can from the start so im not wastin money buyin stuff and then upgrading after couple of months.

What engine is it in the eg6 b16?

5. PittStop Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yeah b16a

get the SiR II thats the best one, im prettysure theres a proper rare one called the SiR S

or something like that, all the optional extras, JDM goodies, you'll love it!

6. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

In terms of buying parts, it depends how far you want to go. If you look at build ups on here, EG greeny has a project EG and has gone all out on it, fully stripped it down.

I'm currently in the middle of a EG project, I am buying all the parts I need, then putting them all on after having it sprayed. I found it easier to do in sections, I brought all the exterior parts first, control arms, subframe brace, lip, wheels, side repeaters, corners, headlight blah blah.

Once I had most exterior stuff, I've moved on to the engine and am saving to buy my engine, conversion bits. Then once I have them I will start to buy interior parts and so on.

Depends how long you want to take on it?

:Smile:

7. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I highly highly suggest never going as far as I have with a project car! I wish I hadn't! It's not really a question you can ask, I bought

mine and my ideas and plans change and evolve every day really! Just buy a clean base and go from there!

8. Jasonday2007 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

get yourself an esi for afew hundred quid, an ebay turbo kit and some budget DIY tuning.

you'll have a 200bhp toy for about

9. Lazar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok kwl

I'd like to keep it for quite a while and spent as much as i can on it over time. Im already dreaming up the stuff i want for it but it's going to be a case of save up and buy a part at a time.

This is what i've been looking at

Buddy Club coilovers, front and rear camber arms

Skunk2 LCA

J's Racing intake

Big brake kit

Buddy Club pro spec or spoon n1

Spoon Braces

Spoon 4-1 manifold

High flow cat

Mugen body bits

thts as far as I've got put spos it depends wat engine i put in it b18 or k20 maybe?

Spos i better concentrate on getin the car first though :-D

10. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Get a car and make it straight before anything buddy, then see what budget allows! It's slow n painful! Believe me! I got my car ready for paint but it took a year! Now I need 2kish to get it painted, then another 2k ish for engine build then about another 1k for coilovers and rims, then countless amounts of money for finishing touches etc after all that!

11. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When I'm working on my car I'm comstantly coming up with new ideas, making the job even longer, its taken me months to repaint the inside of my car lollll

missiiioooonn

12. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My car originally was going to be wire tucked, bolt in roll caged and then b20'd! It's been stripped of seam sealer, bare metal floor pan, full stitch welded, smoothed bay, roll caged. Bare metal arches, new bushes, bearing and components through the suspension, all suspension powder coated, all bolts zinc plated! It should be finished if I had stuck with my plan lol

13. Lazar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ye ok thanks mate, jus read through ur thread and it looks like u've spent alot of time building it from the ground up. If i was u i wud of probs jus stuck with the green car and put my own personal ideas and touches to it.

+ i don't really have the equipment or skill for welding and grindin etc.

Ill probs jus pay abit more a get sumat mech sound to put my spin on.

If i do an engine swap ill get it done professionally lol but most other stuff like Stripping out, cleaning, servicing, changing parts i cud done myself.

Im lookin into gettin a lock up in the brum area as my garage isn't really big enough.

14. Lazar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

N ill probs look for 1 with no rust in a colour i like so no need for a fck off expensive respray. But spos u pay the extra for a car with good bodywork tht u would of spent on the respray anyway jus saves time and effort.

15. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Man, I've gone down the opposite root and got loads of stuff before getting a car/shell. Either way its a mammoth task getting everything together and how you want it!

16. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Amen!

My f7's arrived today and ordered my asr and ARB yesterday

excited lol

17. Lazar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ooo i've seen sumat nice not an EG but

http://www.tegiwaimports.co.uk/car_details.php?id=61

Only think its got no engine, exhaust or seats ha

Cud be a nice project though

18. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good base but how old are you??

19. Lazar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

19 but it would only be a track car so insurance isn't a problem. And then id jus insure it for the odd weekend when i can afford it. wonder how much it'd cost for weekends insures, 19 almosts 3 years driving 1 years NCB lol

20. EJ9 Munkee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Offtopic, but if you are after someone to come in on a big lockup around the brum area hit me up :Wink:

I want one to work on my car but can't afford it on my own, lol