producers and djs?

Discussion in 'Music Section' started by Hashiriya San, Thursday 8th Nov, 2012.

1. Hashiriya San Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've always been into trance and recently liquid drum and bass, always been abit of a medeler from about 13 on the decks,

but recently got into making tracks and remixs i wouldn't say im good but i like to have a dabble so go easy on me lol,

be nice to see others work put up :Smile:

http://soundcloud.com/dj_russell

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 8th Nov, 2012
  2. kennyken Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I still need to come up with something...even if it's one track and not that good as i keep thinking about it. Trouble is i load up a program then look at the clock and 6 hours have flown by... I had something going on in reason and the rewire function for ableton but for some reason ableton just stopped working and i gave up. Maybe i should try another program, something more simple. How long do you find yourself messing around on whatever you use ? I got nothing on soundcloud yet but a competition mix i did ages ago:

http://soundcloud.com/kennyken1988

3. Hashiriya San Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

alright mate, all ill say is bear with it i tore my hair out a few years back when i started on fruity loops i even gave up all together and then my sisters new fellar i found out was making tracks hes had one in the i tunes marketplace, he couldn't mix when we met but he had a good knowledge of fruity, at the time i was pretty good at mixing but fruityloops i had installed messed around then uninstalled it gutted that i couldn't do anything, anyway we messed for hours etc....... both learning from each other, and here we are i never thought i would do it but im so glad i learn and contuine to, best bet is online tutorials,

boring as fuck and youll fall to sleep but bear with and soon just making a melody will feel an achivement and you just go from there and im still a basic FL user compared to most but i feel dead chuffed that i can make a whole track, my problems now are volumes and making the song sound like a real track,

i use fruity loops 8 or 9?? whenever the mrs is looking the other way i can sit for hours days at a time making 1 track if im off work, been a few years since I've really mixed but learning FL has brought the passion back in a big way,

EPIC MIX aswell, trance is where my heart is and always will be and i can't wait untill gatecrasher stop playing randb and all that pop shite now etc.......tinchy stryder yawn lol.

I've got all the richard durrand isos cds and i have to say hes done an ace job taking over from tiesto, best track has to be "banyan tree into wasted" and durrands track "diamonds in the sky" from his last album full on win.

4. kennyken Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

It sounds helpful to know someone for getting tips. My friend who is a DJ told me to get fruity loops as he's managed to make a few simple songs though nothing ground breaking lol.

I got FL studio 10 it's been on my PC for a while and i just have not checked it out enough yet. I must say i use the "undo button" a lot. I was wondering do you have a midi/usb keyboard ? I've been debating on getting one to see if it helps motivate me more... and if it don't work out they seem easy enough to sell on.

I've always been a big fan of the ISOS series. It was tricky for me to do a mix for that competition because where the series has spanned over a decade or so i wanted to put a lot of old a new tracks together. I did that mix on my PC, no way have i got the skill to do the equivalent on decks and it was still within the competition rules. To be honest i was quite suprised of the winning entry because they pretty much just used recent tracks mixed one after the other where as i did an intro and an outro overlay true isos style lmao haha. I become side tracked with "Sounds Rushing" and "Activate" because these two tracks mix together really well. I've been meaning to go back to these two tracks to create a mashup. Richard is doing a good job of the isos series, and i think his new album has just come out which i have yet to check out.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 17th Nov, 2012
  5. Hashiriya San Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

mines FL 10 aswell sorry mate lol, when you said 10

i just use my keyboard but I've been wanting a controller setup for ages

6. Perry. Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

All into my trance nights, Its all I listen to regualary travel around to see the top DJs, One of my best nights out in Manchester last month at the Warehouse Project with the line up, Armin Van Burren, W&W, Arty, Markus Shulz, Paul Van Dyke. Amazing night!! Any way heres a new track my friend has procuded big things to come from him. Hes DJin in passion in Liecester on the 1st of December with the likes of Ferry Corsten and Ben Gold.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PDfFlp_zcyE?feature=oembed

7. Hashiriya San Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

is it the isos australia??? can't remember now but its the one from this summer i brought

8. MrWoohoo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I used to DJ Hip Hop & RnB a while ago. lol

Have been doing mash ups and original remixes for years, used to do remixes and sync to videos.

I mainly use Reason 5 with a MAudio Oxygen 61 and mpd18 controller, also picked up an MPC500 the other month just gettin' to grips with it, haven't had much chance to do much lately as PC failed lost a few songs/samples. :Frown:

A few videos I posted up a while ago but stopped uploading due to youtube and all the copyright issues.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/WQ2gWV4xWU0?feature=oembed

9. C-J Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Www.soundcloud.com/cj_dj is mine :Smile:

I produce, remix and dj.... With a twist (when I can be botherd)

Fee for all to hear .

Feedback welcome

10. BrummieEJ6 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

after 7+ years of liquid DnB i went to my first UK Hardcore rave the other month, I'm hooked! It sounds differen to the Hardcore I heard 8 years ago, so much more variety and creativity and stuff. So i've picked up fruityloops and ReFX Nexus and I'm producing 5 of my own tracks at the moment with a week off next week to finish one of them atleast... should have something on soundcloud when I'm done. Gammer is a hero, and Petruccio & Modulate are revolutionary with what they're trying to do.

plans are -

1 typical "what everyone expects hardcore to sound like"

1 trance influenced (think Darren Styles)

1 Dubcore style (think Petruccio & Modulate)

1 remix of a pop song everyone'll've heard

1 remix of something from Hospital Records

I fancy trying a bit of everything really, it's hard getting it to sound like it does in your head