Electrical & Lights Problem with rear parking sensor Accord cu2, 2009.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by chupa, Tuesday 28th Feb, 2017.

1. chupa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does anybody know location of unit for rear parking sensor, accord cu2, 2.4 petrol 2009?
    Driving me crazy, error code is B2634, unit parking sensor. Now i am fighting to find location where is unit on car it self?

Help needed??

2. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    We would need more information.
    Is the sensors from Honda or aftermarket?

honda_saj likes this.
  3. chupa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

if error is B2634 its genuine Honda part. Parking sensor are offical, not mounted after.
    - - - Updated - - -
    TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    2qvv9n9.

it look like this, i am looking for location of this in the car.

4. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

5. chupa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

did try to disconnect batteries for long time, try to disconnect sensors, did cleaning on connectors, and to bring up, front sensors working fine. Just rear-check system and all rear sensor are lighted on dashboard. Just need to find sensor main unit, try to find it in a trunk and its not there.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I cannot see image on this thread!

Attached Files:

6. chupa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

and this is also enigma, two of unit, same number but diffrent size

Attached Files:

7. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

8. chupa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My car is Accord :Wink:, and on that place inside trunk is premium sound amplifier :Wink:

9. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

Yeah you did mention yours is an Accord. I just gave the link as a reference as the mounting points could be similar

10. chupa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

so nothing useful for now :Smile:

11. Smokingman Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom John LN5
    Hi.
    Just looked on my workshop manual. The control unit is mounted under the dash by the steering wheel.

Control unit parking sensors.

John

Nels and DrSam like this.
  12. chupa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thx a lot, my car is left side, is this left or right side of steering wheel shaft

13. Smokingman Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom John LN5
    Hi.
    It don't matter it's under the driver side (LH or RH) dash cover, just remove the covers and look for the item as per your picture.
    John
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hi
    DTC Troubleshooting: B2634
    DTC B2634:
    Rear Sensors Circuit Bus Line Error (BUS Off)
    1. Clear the DTCs with the HDS.
    1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) and then back to ON (II).
    1. Check for DTCs with the HDS.

Is DTC B2634 indicated?
    YES -
    Go to Step 4 .
    NO -
    Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time.■
    1. Check for DTCs with the HDS.

Are DTCs B2629, B2630, B2631, and/or B2632 indicated?
    YES -
    Go to the indicated DTCs troubleshooting.
    NO -
    Replace the parking and back-up sensor control unit .■

14. chupa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

After 15 years i am very disappointed with Honda, unit was behind steering wheel shaft, almost unreachable spot to take it out. Plenty sharp edges :Frown:
    Finally get unit out.
    Part number is 39670-TLO-G01.

now i vill try find another unit or i will burn Honda on the middle of town square :Frown:

Attached Files:

15. Smokingman Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom John LN5
    That's a bit harsh!!

DrSam likes this.
  16. chupa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

and what is this smaller box with signs on it: TL0-G01
    XD07B
    HONDA >PP-TD30<
    - - - Updated - - -
    This couple month my Honda give me just nice and big problem, i did drive CL9 before and have all child sickness for CL9 model, change clutch on 150k km, diode and transistors on circle for charging batteries :Frown: and now i have two issue on cu2 model. Parking sensor and problem with trunk, i can open trunk only with hidden lock and key (behind left passenger head) inside a cabin. Option to open trunk from passenger door switch and from remote controller is not possible any more. Did try to take out trunk switch from trunk lid down and clean it but without any succsess.
    - - - Updated - - -
    but with this trunk problem i will bring it up when this problem will be solved, this with parking sensor.

17. Domm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello Chupa,

Did you do the thing Smokingman wrote, regarding clearing out the DTC's and seeing if it is present or if there are other codes present after you delete the original one? Its not much, but you should ensure that there is something wrong with the unit itself, before getting it out.
    At least try to refit the cables to the unit. See if it gets good connection and there is nothing broken there. Things like that happen, I would start with that.

Don't be too hot on things and issues. Honda is not that bad on reliability (parking sensor doesn't leave you standing in the middle of the road) and community here really helps a lot with information, so take the things easy ;-)

DrSam likes this.
  18. chupa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

until now i was defending Honda always and everywhere, i am working offshore and my family using this car :Frown: and with this car is not perfect :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    i did not try to Troubleshoot problem, because i don't have HDS for now.

19. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

I had the same issue with the trunk/boot.
    Just couldn't solve it. One day the battery on my fob completely died, just changed that and the boot started to work away, with the fob and boot switch. Batteries don't cost much, simple to change. Worth a shot.

20. chupa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thx, will try to do tomorrow, if i change battery in remote, will i need to do some special pairing job between key and a car?