Electrical & Lights Problem With Alarm

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by PeteP, Sunday 14th Apr, 2019.

1. PeteP Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Pete Canterbury
    In anticipation of changing the gearbox oil in the next few days, I decided to check that I could access and undo the filler plug okay. I removed the battery followed by the battery box, and the filler plug was then easily accesible and with a bit of a struggle it came undone, and the whole process was much easier than expected. With the battery out I took the opportunity to clean all the newly exposed parts.

While the battery was out I also decided to check access to all the passenger-side lights and I'm pleased to know that they were reasonably straightforward too. So now, whenever I change a bulb, I will definitely take the battery out.

The only hiccup was that when I re-connected the battery the alarm went off. I was able to unlock/lock all the doors okay, and the engine would start but the alarm carried on. Then it stopped for a few seconds and then started again. That on/off repeated again and then the alarm stopped and it's okay now.

Is anyone able to suggest if that is normal or if there is a set procedure for resetting things after the battery has been disconnected? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. JapCar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Bristol
    Most probably the alarm battery needs to be replaced...

3. PeteP Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you. Do you, or anyone else, happen to know if there is any information within this forum to help find and replace the batteries?

4. JapCar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Bristol
    Yes few days or a week ago there was a thread about replacing battery in the forum...

5. PeteP Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you.
    I will take a look.

6. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

You can buy a replacement battery pack that plugs straight in... There is a guide on how to do this, and I've added the info to that discussion (When the guide was written, they weren't aware of the supplier I found).

The siren for the alarm is found behind the trim on the right hand side of the boot. You can unplug it for now until you want to replace... but the alarm will no longer trigger.

Once replaced you need to reset the alarm. To do this follow these steps.
    1. Close all doors/windows
    2. Lock/unlock from the remote several times
    3. Unlock, get in and start the car, leave running for about 20-30s
    4. Turn engine off, get out of car and lock/unlock from the remote several times.
    5. Leave the car locked for a couple of hours before attempting to open/start/drive as the battery in the siren needs to be fully charged up
    If it doesn't work right away, repeat process. The alarm will keep stopping and starting during it.. But when you've finished, the next time it stops it should stay stopped.

7. PeteP Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That is so helpful, thank you very much.
    - - - Updated - - -
    When you say "There is a guide on how to do this" whereabouts can that be found please? I did look through the first 10 pages of the guides section but could not find it.