power steering pipe problem

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by big_mac87, Monday 9th Nov, 2009.

1. big_mac87 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi, have been building a EG b16a2 for a while now and finally got round to putting it in the car and have found that the b16 power steering pump doesnt fit on to the 1.5lsi power steering pipe, was wondering what would be the best way to get around this problem. either buy a b16 pipe or find a pump that fits the engine and pipe. any help wpuld be appreciated on the subject as its holding the project up.

2. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

hmm weird my lsi coupe's power steering pipe fitted my b16a2 power steering pump when i did the conversion don't know if theres different ones or not tho.

3. MUGEN-RR Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i think its the ESI power steeing pump PIPE thats the same as the VTI 1

4. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

my lsi one fitted and so does the one on my lsi hatch

onto the b16 pump both b16a1 and a2 engine pumps

5. seanyreeves Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

my mate had this problem he jus went to a place called pirtek and they cut the end off and put the end he needed on using a pipe joiner. bit of a bodge but it worksp erfect and don't leak

6. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

P/S removal, free up a couple of bhpzzz

7. Dan2020civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just buy the P/S pipe off someone breaking an EG6 shouldn't be more than

8. Sam. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When i changed mine over Dan using the Powersteering pump + Pipe you supplied me i didnt even have to change the pipe my LSi pipe matched straight up.

I've got one here if you did need one though matey.

9. big_mac87 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks for all the feed back, i am goin to have a look at some pipes on friday at my local scrap yard as they have quite a few EG's in, if i don't find one that fits i'll drop you a p/m wiltz,

thanks again