General Poor Ground Clearance / Breakover Angle?

Discussion in '10th Generation (2016)' started by sc489, Tuesday 24th May, 2016.

1. Ichiban Retired ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    It would cheaper to demolish that drive then tell the whole world the new Civic is not fit for purpose. Lol

The drive look like steps!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

honda_saj and andy83 like this.
  2. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    With my Civic Type-R GT it is the approach angle that governs, I can just about make the 1 in 7 footpath cross fall but road cross fall lifts rear such that front splinter just grazes footpath. Hence my need to drive at an oblique angle to access my drive but my car would probably not negotiate @sc489 drive.

3. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

I think that driveway would be ok in my Suzuki. :Wink: IMG_20170121_101812.

honda_saj, legend-ary and andy83 like this.
  4. tatalor51 New Member Getting Started

Romania sorin bucuresti
    On Honda official site from France, Spain and Canada the ground clearance is 130mm. I checked because I was thinking about buying one and in my dealer's offer (Romania) there's also 110mm. Checking multiple sites and sources and looking at the car, I think the ground clearance is 130mm empty and 110mm max load. Not 100% sure, but it's my best guess.

5. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    In UK brochure the Ground Clearance with Driver is stated as 110mm.

honda_saj likes this.
  6. tatalor51 New Member Getting Started

Romania sorin bucuresti
    I know, but most other places it's 130mm and the ground clearance is usually measured with empty car or with driver only (which should be pretty close to empty). No idea for sure, of course, for I lean towards 130mm since that's most places are mentioning. Worth an inquiry to the UK Honda maybe?

honda_saj and andy83 like this.
  7. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Today Sunday 18th June I had a 30 mile test drive of a Honda Civic 1.5 VTEC Turbo Prestige CVT. The test drive provided the opportunity to cross the pavement to my drive which I am pleased to report that with just the driver on board the car cleared easily according to my wife who watched from outside. Slope of pavement is 1 in 7.7, the pavement is 1.7m wide so rise from gutter to drive is 220mm. The wheel base of the new Civic is 2.7m so it totally straddled across the footpath. I think this shows that the new Civic has an adequate ground clearance.

legend-ary, 1066Boy and honda_saj like this.