Suspension, Steering and Brakes poly bushing upgrade for tourer 2003

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by honda_saj, Wednesday 2nd Jan, 2019.

1. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    Hi,
    Anyone know where i can get a poly bushing upgrade kit for tourer 2003 i can see kits for older hondas, i know of superpro they are quite expensive anyone done an upgrade on tourer ?

2. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Which bushes are you looking to change? The only poly bush I have used was the PSB one for the lower control arm front large bush, it worked very well.
    I don't think I would be keen on the harder type of performance poly bushes they are a bit harsh for normal usage and don't last as long by all accounts either.

honda_saj likes this.
  3. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

4. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

5. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Yes that's the ones I used, Fitting them is very easy. The hard part was getting the bolt that goes through that bush undone!
    Once the arm is out you can use a hacksaw to cut the metal and a cold chisel will allow the old bush to be removed, clean the arm and lube with the supplied silicone grease and you can push them in with a vice.
    They made quite a big difference to the handling of my tourer, tightened it up and stopped this weird tyre wear and vibration which I attributed to the driveshafts.

honda_saj likes this.
  6. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    honda_saj and Nighthawk like this.
  7. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Great thanks guys will order psb bushings and await email reply from hard race regarding bushing kit.

8. Pete at H-Tune Service Team ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Pete Kettering
    Hey Saj,

We do the Hardrace bushes they are the same as the stock ones but are made of a harder compound rubber and will give a more sporty and direct feel.
    We currently do not do a full polybush kit for the car, but it is something we are looking into in the future.

A link to the Hardrace bushes are below for you.
    https://h-tune.co.uk/hardrace-master-bushes-kit-24-piece-honda-accord-cl7-cl9/

Hope this helps :Smile:

honda_saj likes this.
  9. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Perfect do i get discount on this :BooYeah:

DrSam likes this.
  10. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    I would order two of the bolts for the front bushing as well as a precaution, they can be very seized in place and may require heat and more destructive forms of removal.

honda_saj likes this.
  11. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've done a wish job a few times on Accords and not have to resort to such extremes but I do a wide range of other toolary at my disposal so that may be why.

honda_saj likes this.
  12. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    The N/S bolt on mine was seized to the point that a pneumatic impact gun would not budge it, I had to use Oxy/Acet and heat the bolt with a piece of aluminium as a heat shield and then a 4 ft power bar with a 4 ft pipe slipped over and a Stilson wrench holding the inner part until the bolt finally came free, failing that I would have had to try and cut it in place.
    Its not an easy job to get it out if its seized in place.

13. Pete at H-Tune Service Team ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That sounds like alot of fun was had!! literally nothing worse than a seized bolt in an awkward position! nothing heat and persuasion can't fix though!

Bounder likes this.
  14. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

good call appreciated.
    - - - Updated - - -
    wow sounds like it was really jammed in there :Happy:

15. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Heat is one of the best tools you can have for seized bolts, I'd love one of those induction heaters but they are very expensive.
    My top tip for bolts is steady pressure, not bounce loading but putting pressure on a bolt and if possible keeping it on for a period of time, if you can tie the bar in place and leave it like that it works wonders.

honda_saj likes this.
  16. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

great tips and pointers, i am looking to fit hardrace bushing kit so will take into a decent garage or unit where i can carry out works.

17. Bounder Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Always better to let someone else do it if you can :Wink:
    You won't be disappointed with the PSB bushes, they make a big difference. Yours isn't lowered is it?

honda_saj likes this.
  18. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

not yet although im still looking at at air suspension maybe for rear only or all round not decided yet, i am running stock Type-S suspension

19. Pete at H-Tune Service Team ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

We do sell Coilovers aswell....
    https://h-tune.co.uk/partfinder/pro...ccord&p_year=2003&p_engine=K-Series&cat_id=15

I run Meisters on My DC5 and @Josh at H-Tune will be running some Teins on his S2000. And we have alot of success with BC.
    My Meisters are compliant and firm but not bouncy/crashy and I have been to the nurburgring 2 times with the DC5 last year alone.

Bushes and coilovers will make the car handle so differently from stock it will transform it.

Hope this helps.

20. SayamaAccord Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Cliff County Durham
    Is it possible to buy just the two Hardrace front compliance bushes rather than the full 24 piece set?

honda_saj likes this.