HVAC Pollen filter

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordMavman, Tuesday 12th Mar, 2019.

1. AccordMavman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Cheshire
    Hi all

I have recently completed the 175k service for my 7th Generation, and was concerned to see the state of the old pollen / cabin filter when I removed it. It looks very much like it became so dirty that the fan had pulled it out of shape, as you can see from the pic. For the record, this is a genuine Honda part.

C0CBB25B-EFAF-4503-B0F0-75BF78872721.

A couple of things worth noting here, firstly as you will know, the change interval for this filter is every 25k miles or every 2 years, which is exactly what this old one had done when it was removed (both on time & miles).

Secondly, I remove this filter every 6 months and vacuum it, specifically to prevent what has happened in this pic. Having now had the car for more than 4 years, this regime has worked fine up to now, and this issue has never happened before.

I always have the fan running in the car, which is kind of what it’s there for, but am now wondering if I should be changing the pollen filter annually?

Thoughts and theories welcomed on this subject...

Thanks y’all

2. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Hello @AccordMavman
    Hmmmm, that is way out of shape, I never seen that before.

I usually change the Pollen Filter every time i service my car as it is inexpensive however I buy Mann Pollen filter from ECP.

3. AccordMavman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well it looks like I need to be doing the same....:Aghast:

honda_saj likes this.
  4. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    wow well overdue i do mine regular never look like that :agree:

5. AccordMavman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know - well overdue based on the pic, but not overdue according to the service schedule!!

Either way, it’s annual changes for this one from now on....:Smile:

honda_saj and DrSam like this.
  6. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    As i suffer from hayfever carry out new each time high pollen season is due.