Engine & Gearbox PLM H2B Kit and Other Usefull H2B swap Info

Discussion in 'Honda F/H-Series' started by GymJunkie, Sunday 22nd Dec, 2013.

1. GymJunkie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have the cash ready to go and a H22A7 engine sitting next to my EK4 - Has anyone used a PLM H2B kit before? Its a lot less than the QSD kit (which I think is the best but its very expensive), but are there any problems with it like dodgy shaft angles or problems with high RPM shifting?

Rich

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 9th May, 2014
  2. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats what i was going with after the new year

Its the same as the qsd and is around the same sort of price. I've given up on h2b swap its being a bloody pain in the arse so goin back to a b series again

Nice to see another h2b being done though enjoy

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 23rd Dec, 2013
  3. GymJunkie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thats what I have read aswell, its a copy of the QSD kit. Might aswell get one ordered and see how it goes then lol

4. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good luck and enjoy it buddy

5. Mitsjiel Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

PLM copys everything, also Kswap headers etc. I heard the quality is XSpower like.

6. lewthepimp Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

All PLM parts are made in china.just the same ebay quality shit just bigger mark up.they claim their turbo manifolds are made in the states but thats bullshit

7. SiR_Chris Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just go QSD and be done with it. NO issues. YEARS of development. No fuss.

Simples

8. GymJunkie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Where did you get yours from?

9. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Qsd sell it on their website message them and he'll send you an paypal invoice

10. morf Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

how do you know there made in china? also did you know bisimoto parts are made in china .

11. SiR_Chris Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Seth from QSD about 4yrs ago :Smile:

12. GymJunkie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thought id bump this thread - the PLM kit has been out for a bit anyone used one yet?

I kinda spent all my money on rebuilding my suspension over the winter so H2B end of the year if the engine doesnt sell

13. huw@spirit9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

We sell the kits, haven't had any problems as yet :Smile:

14. Karleg6 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I use a Plm kit, rev to 8500 using 23" drag slicks running 1/4 mile in the 12's so definitely wouldn't say there is any issues with this kit for shaft angles or high revving.. I did have to re thread a couple of the main bolts for gearbox tho.. The bolts supplied with kit have a very fine thread and I found they would loosen them selves.

15. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Could have used thread lock no? Got my kit coming soon from spirit 9 just got to send my money over but waiting for alot more money to top my bank up lol

16. Karleg6 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did use thread lock but they still loosened off over time.. Not all of them but three did.. One under distributor, VTEC solenoid and 3rd was around the clutch servo

17. GymJunkie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

What type did you re-thread them to?

Same here, Im just about to get my EK back on the road for the summer then start getting the parts together for the H2B conversion as I had no luck in selling the engine I will stick with it and persevere

18. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Id of had that engine just a tad out of my spending range mate put it to good use

19. GymJunkie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeah I wasnt going to use the H22 when I found out I couldn't run Power steering, but Im going to fit an Mr2 electric PS pump setup

20. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You. Can still use powersteering need to make a plate for it and move the alt