PLEASE READ: Lets get things sorted...

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by PooM, Thursday 12th Nov, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Steve Horsham
    Right now, as I can see from the post about mods etc. People are not happy with the current staff members and how the forum is being dealt. I see some very valid points, and I want to address them. So since this is a forum, and your the people using it. I want you to decide and lets see if it works. If it don't, then, oh well, we tried :Smile:

First off I would let to let everyone know that I have removed Ste_EP2 from the staff. We have appreciated his help over the past months, if it weren't for his help we wouldn't of got the forum on the new server, so thanks for that Ste. However lately, his actions have resulted in him being demoted to a normal user. So please if you have any CivicLife related questions, please do not contact Steve, contact either me or any of the other staff members.

So back onto sorting the site out...

I want you ALL to come up with 3 people on the forum who you would like to become moderator. Now I don't want you to put someone who is your mate, your lover or because he is cool. I want you to come up with constructive reasons to why they would help CivicLife and help it become a better place.

Once we have a nice list of people, we will put them all on a poll and it will be down to vote.

Bare in mind, this is trial. So these mods will have to prove themselves if they get chosen or even accept the offer.

If it works it works, if not then we reassess it. The cool thing is, you will be the deciders, which hopefully will make you happy. :Smile:

I am with you people, I am not the high and mighty, I am a user the same as you lot. I just have the powers to control the forum. I am getting just as annoyed as you lot are, I for one do not want this forum going to shit. So lets sort it!

GO GO GO! :highfive:

2. H22_Dan.. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

gary

jono

and bong water IMO

hope it all works lol

3. H22_Dan.. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

bring in payment for membership aswell poom :Smile:

4. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    1. Kadir- hes fucking Old school, know's his shit and is VERY polite in every manor he goes about things, plus, his car is bad ass.

2. Gary. he takes no shit, he has a general knowledge about all aspects of the car's and has experience in moderating

3. Bon- once again, an old schooler who has more posts than ther are stars in the sky, has a mutual opinion and can deal with things without blowing his top.

Theres my 3 mate.

5. LIMER Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

1. gary his experenced and level headed knows how to moderate a forum

2. bon been on for years again level headed and always polite

there the only two that spring to my mind

sam

6. Porker New Member Getting Started

Me

Kadir

Gary.

Just because the job will be done properly, we have the knowledge between us to help the site and are still grown up enough to deal with it all in a professional manner.

My 2c

7. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm with Aj!

1. Kadir - Nice guy that knows his stuff, as Aji said he's polite and gets his point accross well.

2. Gary. - Wouldn't take any shit, but at the same time he'd do a good job of moderating.

3. Bon - Been on here for ages, has good knowledge, speaks sense and doesn't lose his rag all the time.

:Smile:

* edited with reasons

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 12th Nov, 2009
  8. Al Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Took the words write off of my finger tips, seconded.

9. jdmek4sir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1.Kadir - same reasons as Aj and Dozzy

2.Bong water - Knows what he is talking about, speaks his mind and gives good valid points

3.Bon - same reasons as Aj and Dozzy

edited with reasons :Wink:

10. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

Put your reasons please guys...

11. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Edited mine mate :Smile: Pretty much the same reasons as Aji though..

12. Sam. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Kadir - Has some VERY good views on things. Always calm and carefull about what he says and gets his point across without insulting half the forum

Bong Water - I'd love to see Bong as a mod as some of the opinions he has are very helpfull. I think we should have a selection of mods from all different points of view and Bong certainly gives a good view towards things.

Porker - Just because :Wink:

13. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Kadir

Years of knowledge, well spoken, polite and moderate. Wouldn't take BS but would also make the correct decisions. Is pretty much known by everyone too, this is important IMO.

Myself...yes, myself.

I've been around for AGES, everyone knows me. I've got moderate amounts of technical knowledge, I'm an administrator on both HondaTechUK, and CivicSportsClub.net - My experience here would allow me to work best in a Super Moderator role. I do realise I've got a past history with this site however i feel that the majority of active members, and posters in this thread voting for me says a lot.

Porker

Loads of previous experience, has had Civics and Hondas in general for as long as i can remember. Easily approachable, nuff life hexperiance to handle situations in a decent manner etc.

14. PooM CivicLife Founder ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Steve Horsham
    Thanks for the input people! Keep them coming! Really want a wide range of opinions, a handful of people, isn't really the forum speaking as a whole.

Keep them coming people! :nod:

15. northwestcivic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Kadir - calm collected respected lot of experience

Gary - on the forum a lot, been on lot of forums before and experience with moderating on csc IIRC??

Bon - he's got a black 96' DC2

16. H22_Dan.. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

gary as hes been around for a while plus he knows his stuff and can keep a level head

bong water as he speaks his mind and will keep the forum straight (hopefully) lol

jono the same reasons as bong , but i know he stepped down so not sure wheather he wants the role

17. Texx Avery Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

To be fair youve got alot of people on here who would make good mods. But they've got to be willing to do it. You've also got to pick the right one for the right way you want the forum to be moderated!!

Kadir - Put up with my shit and was still nice about it. Nice guy IMO.

Bong Water - Takaes no shit from anyone. Always has his own opinion and _usually_ makes a funny.

Bon - DC2 helps alot :Smile: But also knows his stuff!

18. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Gary. - He's a decent bloke and has muchos experience of being an admin on CSC, forums are teh sex with him on them etc.

Aji621 - Doesn't talk much shite and seems genuinely frustrated the way the site is atm, reckon he'd do a good job.

Myself - I'm the same, hate how the site is and how many topics there are in the wrong place everywhere - also how many old stickies that are still to be removed :Tongue: I like nothing better than sifting through thousands of topics moving them to their correct section (OCD y0), as I did to help out on CSC when it was hacked and ended up being asked to stay on there as a moderator. I also run my own forum (slow as anything though and just for mates, but it's amazingly well organised lol) and have experience of IPB, SMF and PHPBB. I'm also on here near enough 24/7, I just don't tend to post too much... I have no life basically. lolz

I'm not bothered by the status change or green name though, just want the site sorting! Although I know I won't become one, as no-one else is likely to vote for me as I'm generally not opinionated/known well enough for people to care. Just thought I'd let it be known how frustrated I am tbh.

19. Rory C Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Gary. - He seems level headed and is clearly able to moderate things without annoying people. He also raised the point that i think created this thread.

Kadir - i can't remember a post of his that has insulted anyone or that is not valid. He often has views from 'outside the box' so to speak and often creates a sense of calm in 'heated threads' IMO

Noone else stands out for me. Bon has said in the past he doesnt want mod status so theres no point putting his name down, And i feel Bong's views are often offensive and his blunt approach has upset a number of people (from what i remember)

Andy. is online alot and does seem very keen in helping to 'clean' the site up, which lets face it, it needs doing. So even if you upgrade his status untill the site is nice and clean with everything in the correct section, then demote him again, atleast the site is clean :Grin: :Tongue:

(i hope that is taken with the humour its ment)

20. James Rowe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Right.

Gary - Even though I dislike him at times :Tongue: , he doesn't take much shit. Being to the point might not be that good but you know.

Porker - Been around for years, knows what he is doing and I think he'll do alright :Wink:

don't know who else tbh. I would say myself as I've ran forums before and know how to deal with alot of the issues you lot have come up with in past weeks and its been doing my nut not being able todo anything but yeah. Everyone else is saying me me me lol.

Not got a 3rd on that point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.