PLease help....92 - 95 1.5 lsi hesitation / splutter when changing gear..

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by PowellyEG, Tuesday 10th Nov, 2009.

1. PowellyEG Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi all i have a confusing problem, my Civic hesitates / sputters during gear change 2 to 3rd is horrible its a bit juddery and when i naturally de-accelerate (with no breaks) the re-accelerate it judders / hesitates / spluuers its begining to really anoy me...

The problem hapens after 10 - 15mins of driving, its fine when cold drive spot on but when warmed up it drives me insane..

Do you think it may be timing, spark plugs, dizzy ??...im not sure...

2. low13 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i have this problem to,my mate said he had it with his car(not a Civic) and it was to do with the fuelling after he uprated stuff and said he fixed it when he changed the fuel filter,but he also got it remapped around the same time so that could be it,ill ask him more when i can. maybe fuel filter or something though?? but you said it only happens after 10-15 mins im not so sure...basically dpfi is ghay

3. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

have you ever serviced the car? changed the fuel filter and plugs?

4. wanstar Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

as above. also what mods are done to the car?

5. PowellyEG Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

no mods standard 1.5 lsi, its temprimental will be fine then all of a sudden hesitate during gear chage??

6. PittStop Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

mine does it, its my distributer timing, havnt got a timing gun so i timed it roughly

7. JoeLSi Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

The dizzy ignition control module is a known issue, i generally put any issues with the D15B2 down as it being a wanky DPFi hoe bag of an engine.

8. jay coupe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol could be the Blitz anti-lag kit u fitted? "wishes" lol would be awesome thou!! (if it were turbod)

9. PowellyEG Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sound cheers for the advice peeps thought it may have been the timeing..

10. PittStop Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

but then again

my d15b2 did it too,

and it is just because they're wank and have 1 fuel injector LOL

11. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

give it a service, or at the very least fuel filter and plugs

12. Tom1989 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Technically 2, hence Dual Point Fuel Injection. A friend had a this problem with his car, It started after he fitted his long arm intake to his b2. Also check someone hasn't taken the metal plate out of the little airbox thing, that makes the B2 splutter.

13. PowellyEG Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi guys thanks for all the help but Im gunna change the engine for a 1.6 SOHC VTEC instead afta xmas...