General Personal update and reason i have been away.

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by 1066Boy, Saturday 15th Dec, 2018.

1. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    @1066Boy thumbs up man unfortunately there is not enough support and understanding for mental health especially for serving members as the trauma they suffer is underestimated.

1066Boy likes this.
  2. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

I just do what i can. I am comfortable outdoors and if others can get some pleasure out of it, i am happy to help.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Recent trip with one of my "pals" Rick.

honda_saj, vincemince and rimmo like this.
  3. super sonic Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Supersoni Eastbourne
    Good to see you back. Sounds really rewarding and worthwhile. Am coping with depression and people like you restore my faith in humanity. Many thanks

1066Boy, andy83 and rimmo like this.
  4. Heckler Community Staff Club H-Tune

I've had my own battles with mental health, severe depression and anxiety after losing 19 people in a little over 8yrs... It takes it's toll and I'm in a place now where I'm fine talking about it... can't fight the stigma if you pretend it's not a real thing that people suffer with.

So I'm quite blunt and honest with my battles over the last 20yrs or so...

I love the country side, but with my other health issues, can't really go for long walks over rough terrain and I doubt my back would cope with camping these days... which is a shame, because we used to go a lot. It used to be a cheap holiday and I remember times we camped out in storms and the wind ripped the flysheet in half... or the time some one got to close to the camp fire and nearly set themselves on fire... thankfully the sleeping bag was flame retardant.

But I do love to sit and gaze across a beautiful landscape... can do it for hours... give me a warm drink, a book and some thing comfy to lean against and I'm good... fields, meadows, rolling hills, mountains, lakes, oceans... I'm good with any of them... so long as it's not a beach.

It's very peaceful and very calming... I can see why it's grown so popular.

Gotta admire anyone who takes time out to help others, I do a little once a month with a parkinsons group as they helped my late father a lot and I've been going to their meetings for years... Now I help out a little as a way of saying thanks.

1066Boy likes this.
  5. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks for your replies guys. Anyone that needs a little support or somebody to talk on this subject, feel free to send me a message
    and I will give you the name of the "private" support group I admin on FB. We can't fix things but we do understand and it helps
    to just talk about stuff and know you are not alone. :Niceone:
    - - - Updated - - -
    We don't walk far. Normally park close to the woods and walk in 5-10 mins. Its more about setting up a camp and having a chat around the campfire. Don't even talk about MH much, more about camping, nature and general outdoors stuff.
    - - - Updated - - -
    You are local to me mate so anytime you fancy a meet up, give me a shout.

andy83 and k20a3 like this.
  6. super sonic Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Supersoni Eastbourne
    Hey thanks that would be cool. Will definitely be in touch in the NY
    - - - Updated - - -
    Grrr put my reply on wrong quote, Just to clarify, will pop over to say hello, not to join support group, apologies for ambiguity, not a computer geek, am Honda fanboy lol.

1066Boy and andy83 like this.
  7. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

Either way mate, feel free to give me a shout.