General Passenger seat uncomfortable :(

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by richardhonda, Sunday 29th Sep, 2019.

1. richardhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom richard Manchester
    Hi,

My wife has a Toyota 2005 Rav4 so I prefer to use my car if we are going on longer trips. However, she finds the passenger seat in the CR-V incredibly uncomfortable, to the point where she will insist that we use her car rather than mine. I drive, so the passenger seat in the Toyota is obviously much more comfortable, (to her).

I find the drivers seat fine in both cars, never sit in the passenger seat in the CR-V, and rarely sit in the passenger seat in the Rav4.

Has anybody had a similar issue with seats? Any suggestions for solutions?

CR-V SE NAVI I don't think there is anything electrical about the seat.

2. Heckler Community Staff Club H-Tune

What kind of seats are they? Is one or both leather or cloth?

The reason I ask is that I've found that cars with cloth seats are always more uncomfortable than leather ones. I think they add extra padding/foam to leather seats, which along with the more durable material leads to better comfort.

I'm currently driving a VW Passat hire car, which is the base model and the seats are really horrible... I could never do a long drive in that car without stopping a lot... Whilst in the Accord I've easily done a 250m non stop drive without any issues at all.

3. richardhonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom richard Manchester
    Cloth seats, so perhaps not enough padding like you suggest. I steered clear of leather with this car because I’ve found them very hot in the summer.

I wonder if there is anything of reasonable quality that could be attached to the seat to give it a bit more padding?