Feedback/Help Part number deciphering (Sat Nav units)

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by jvm33, Sunday 3rd Mar, 2019.

1. jvm33 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

France Johann Talence
    Hello Hive,

I am trying to get everything working properly on my German market, left-hand drive 2004 Honda Accord Tourer Sport 5AT K20A6 (CM1). I have fixed almost all of the little things that annoy me except the Sat Nav Unit. I was very excited about the Chinese android units at first, but my excitement quickly subsided when I read various forum discussions about these units. So, I tried cleaning the laser, replacing the DVD, taking everything apart to see if there were any obvious problems but it is still non-functional. I have recently come across a unit out of another left-hand drive accord with a part number which is slightly different. It is a little pricy (200€) but I'd really like to get my touchscreen controls working. When I do a search, I come across a Russian website that sells the part I'm looking for with both my part number(found on Lings)39050-SED-G81ZA and the part number on the one from the breakers 39050-SED-G810-M1. For Honda part compatibility is the first bit all that is necessary 39050-SED? I read on one of the discussions on here that the last bit refers to supplier and finish but not sure if that is the case with this part.

Can anyone on here confirm that this part will in fact work in my Tourer?

I greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Best regards,
    Johann

2. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

What is faulty?
    Is it the Satnav DVD reader (by the ashtray) or the touchscreen head unit?

3. jvm33 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

France Johann Talence
    I originally thought it was the lens on the DVD reader. I cleaned it, got a new disc and the problem persists. I can manage to get the map up by pressing with a tapping motion on the joystick but the "OK" on the touch screen is not receptive. Once I get the map up it follows me along the road but I can't zoom or use any of the other functions. As I use my phone for navigation, what interests me most is getting the HVAC functions on the screen. I can use the physical buttons for radio and climate settings but they don't allow you to easily find radio stations or fine tune the heat/A/C. I had problems with my tailgate and after pulling fuses and disconnecting the battery to do a reset, the night mode suddenly worked with the map when I put the headlights on but that only lasted shortly. Now I am back to full brightness map (which I can't interact with) or nothing. I thought maybe the DVD player needed to be changed but as the touchscreen isn't receptive and the buttons just under the screen don't work (Map, Zoom, night mode etc) I assume it's the main unit. If you have any ideas of what needs fixing I would love your input.

4. jvm33 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

France Johann Talence
    With the help of someone from Honda Parts Europe
    39050-SED-G81 is all that matters in part numbers (39050-SED-G810-M1 or 39050-SED-G8ZA)
    39050:radio or navigation
    sed: means it is for an estate
    g means European (left-hand drive)
    81 usually means what year is the car it was made for
    I have determined that aside from backlights (some are orange some green or white on this generation Accord even in the same model year maybe depends on preferences in the original market country).

DrSam likes this.
  5. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Thats some great information, thanks for sharing with us

6. jvm33 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

France Johann Talence
    Just to recap for those of you with Sat Nav problems.
    Symptoms: touchscreen non-functional, all physical buttons functional except (info, audio, A/C, map, menu, return, zoom + -, night mode, joystick) I could get a map up on the screen that would move with the movement of the car but I would have to press repeatedly on joystick button until it would come up.

I replaced the DVD player and it made no difference. So I ordered a new touchscreen and it worked.

My touchscreen unit (39050-SED-G810-M1) is for 2004 petrol LHD (the buttons under the screen are in the opposite order not sure if there are other differences which would create compatibility issues with RHD touchscreen units) and has orange illumination (silicone caps are used on the lighting elements which are attached to the circuit board so I assume the illumination could also be white by removing these)

I found a much cheaper price at a breakers (143€ delivered) than on the Bay. There are also websites which list sales for breakers and take a cut so if you want the cheapest price it may take some detective work to get parts straight from the breaker for a cheaper price.
    IMG_6771.JPG IMG_6772.JPG IMG_6773.JPG

SpeedyGee likes this.