Not being fully awake :(

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by 1964, Sunday 6th Dec, 2009.

1. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Kinda a 'urgh, why am I trying to do this'

Just annoted that I overslept after being unable to sleep as was planning on lowering my car from 8/9am this morning, was woken up at 10 by some mates who'd decided they wanted to come see me which amused me no end...didn't get round to getting everything ready till about 12ish, been out there for about an hour now, All i've managed to do is raise and lower the car and move it forwards or backwards and get pissed off at my useless fucking excuse of a driveway meaning my car has to be in a certain place before I can jack it up THEN I can't get both front wheels in the air at the same time (driveway being a fucking gay) so i've thrown in the towel and might just say fuck it till tomorrow when i'm more awake. or given enough time food and tea, later on.

Just annoying when you have a definate plan but are too tired/not thinking straight enough to carry it out properly...

2. NathanH Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thats weak! Get back out there and do it,you have at least 2 1/2 hours of light left.

3. Jono Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Wow such a dilemma

4. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I know, fucking pitiful right? which makes it much more annoying :Frown: I'll be back out there at two though XD hoping no bloody LCA bolts will snap if they do i will just give up all told, just not in the mood today.

5. Jono Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ill pray for you brother

6. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thank you XD

Now willing to go and try again. just hoping I can find somewhere on my driveway flat enough and not totally fubar so i can actually jack the front end up

7. Jake@redbitz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

update us when done :Tongue:

8. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

same man i was suppose to do some stuff to the car today UBER FAIL =/

9. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

FUCK! Well...car's up in the air now, both front wheels are off (had to jack up the control arms to get them up high enough to jack and stick a bit of wood in the cabin to hold the brake pedal down XD) but yeh, both front bolts on the lower bit of the wishbone bit are seized. MAte of mine popped over to see how i was doing and has just gone off to see if his other friend will bring over the impact gun or something, so at least I can get the leg out and sort out the front springs tonight. Fingers crossed the back won't be so bad. But getting mega pissed off now as I've spent a good hour an a half trying to loosen some bolts with some spanners and lug nut adapters and a hammer (don't ask)

10. NathanH Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

lol@the trials and tribulations of changing springs...

Wait till you get to the back and shear the lower lca bolts.

Keep us posted mate...oh and :nopics:

lol

11. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lol nathan XD I'll go try and find my build up and post pics there :Grin:

12. warnic05 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a similar problem lol, i removed the front suspension and found out i needed new top mount as the old ones were rusty. Now i need to lower the back but cannot for the life of me get the bottom bolt out what-so ever! gonna try with a breaker bar soon lol

13. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Definately man, the breaker bar, we were jumping up and down on it for ages, eventually after about half an hour we tried a spanner and that free'd it up enough to undo the bolt :Grin: Also have a go with an air gun if you know someone with one, just like loosen with a spanner (or try to) and then go at it with air gun, rinse, repeat until you get progress :Grin: Check my build up for how the rear's go tomorrow :Grin:

14. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

x2

15. NathanH Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Last time this happened to me I took the whole trailing arm/hub off,its much easier to do it on a bench with a small grinder lol.