Non Honda Content

Discussion in 'Photography & Photoshop' started by qbsfinestkid, Monday 12th Jan, 2015.

1. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Went out the other night to take some shots for a friend using long exposure and a small LED torch as i didn't have nothing to power my studio light outside i don't think they turned out to bad being as though we only stayed in the spot for half an hour as it was absolutely freezing and couldn't see a damn thing..

Theres 2 variations here one exposure is 15 minutes the other is around 5 minutes 

Enjoy guys 

IMG_6465_zpsca601dd0.

Untitled2_zps52bbef3a.

2. ben bury Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That looks pretty good

3. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

FIFTEEN MINUTES?!!! Jesus man, i feel for you, I hope you mean seconds though. 

Here's a tip though, with shots like this, I recently found out you can use a flash gun to better effect. Not that expensive either, do some research and dig around a bit online. 

I can't be arsed to explain specifics but I can link you some stuff in the future 

4. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh i have done this before dude i just decided to use the torch instead to cold to start messing with the flash i have studio lights and stuff also theres various different ways of doing this kind of shot like taking background shots first then shots of the car then layering in photoshop etc etc ...

i went for quick and easy hahahaha....

5. Hayes Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I personally find shooting anything in any light except daylight the biggest ballache ever, particularly after my tripod got nicked!

6. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

haha i know what your saying it is , but results can look amazing with a bit of patience 

7. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Still, a 15 minute exposure is insane. Is that the combined total of a number of exposures? Guarantee you with a flash you can get the same effect in less than 5 mins and three pics. 

8. -vin- Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Lmao, 15 minutes! I'm surprised you didn't get a shot that came out as just a white square lol! 

Thats some patience right there, I get frustrated waiting 2/3 seconds lol

9. DafWales Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have to agree 15 minutes is a bit on the long side... Were you shooting on a low ISO or something ?

Shot itself looks alright, not a huge fan of the angle and FOV but each to their own.

I take it over the brow of the hill there is a town or something causing all that light pollution yeah ?

10. Tye21 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Amazing shot man :Smile: Can I just asking what your settings are at? :Smile:

11. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh i was trying to get more stars in as the night sky was so clear.....like i say if i stayed longer may have got better results....

yeh theres a town in the background somewhere lol....

had the camera on bulb setting and was using a low iso about 200 i think 

12. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh I see what your saying but I wanted the stars to be visible in the background.. That's the only reason I used a long exposure

13. Wipdesigns Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2nd shot's exposure creates a better atmosphere, if you'd had the patience to stay there for a couple of hours and keep taking 10 minute shots you'd have a sky that's got circular star trails.

I do however prefer the first cars exposure, it looks much more crisp.

Keep up the good work :Grin:

-

In response to your previous comment, you could have taken a shorter exposure but bumped up your ISO to reduce your waiting time with the risk of higher noise, just worth trying next time, you might only be there for 3 minutes on iso 400/800 as an example.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 23rd Feb, 2015
  14. Diz Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Pics look good

15. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh understood dude. Was way too cold to stand about lol. Could of done a lot more oh well he was happy...