Newbie with EG Coupe LSI

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by chrisejcoupe, Sunday 15th Nov, 2009.

1. chrisejcoupe Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys

Just purchased a EG Coupe, its a very rough example with quite a bit of bodywork that needs repairing but i got it cheap as a project.

My ex seen it earlier and says its a well known car on here and has a bad history, so if anyone can shed any light on that would be appreciated.

Im not new to the Jap scene as i had a rx7 for 5 years which i spent way too much money on, sold that on a while back and looked for a cheap prject and came across this Civic.

I also run Somerset Japanese Car Club, so have mates with most jap cars quite a few with Civics.

anyways heres some pics of the car:

IMGP1166.

IMGP1171.

IMGP1165.

2. pickles2010 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

looks nice mate!!

3. chrisejcoupe Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks :Smile: i like the wheels but they are a littel small for my liking, only 15's, im not a fan of big wheels but maybe 16's instead and also better offset. I like the skirts but they are badly fitted and also damaged underneath so may need new ones

4. Fong Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats nice mate! welcome dude! put some pics of your rx-7 on!

5. Naj_Ej Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hye man welcome! nice base u have there .

Naj.

6. sohc Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sell me your rims?? what size are the tyres?

7. FrAz Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

nice mate, saw that for sale on pistonheads not long ago. d15b isnt it?

8. chrisejcoupe Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeh its a d15b, its done quite high mileage but the engine still seems quite strong, eventually when funds permit will be having a different engine.

SOHC - not sure about the tyre size i can check later, might not be selling yet thou, need to find some other rims first, the rotas on there now are near enough brand new with new tyres.

So can anyone shed any light on what my ex said about this being a well known car on here, she said there is a thread about the car?? she said the back underneath the car should be rotten which it isant, its been in numerous crashes, also that the car has had several different engines although they have now put it bk to a d15 which don't really make sense to me lol

9. honda-lad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi chris can't beleave you bought it :Tongue:

10. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

love that color man! im not sure on the skirts as id want it a bit lower :Grin: :Grin: but looks clean other than that!

11. chrisejcoupe Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

well i just thought i need something lol i run a japanese car club and have no jap car, i could have taken out a loan and bought sumthin else but i could buy this outright and take my time sorting it out

12. PowellyEG Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to CL...nice coupe..(not too sure bout the color..personal choice) but yeah looks nice..(not heard anything bout ur car thou...soz m8..

13. Civic Coupe EJ2 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

very true......no need to get your self into debt.

Well the Civic coupe has afew good points to it......will look nice once you sort the problems out.....If your looking for a low mileage D15B7 with ony 43k on the clock....I have one for sale....

14. Mafew Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

nice mate! Welcome to CL

15. Adam-VT Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Welcome dude, big change from the RX-7, I have two sitting out side my house, not mine my brothers.

GL with the project. :Smile:

16. Adam-VT Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Welcome dude, big change from the RX-7, I have two sitting out side my house, not mine my brothers.

GL with the project. :Smile:

17. 3stars&asun Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

welcome to the site mate..

18. 3stars&asun Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

welcome to the site mate..

19. chrisejcoupe Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks guys, i think this poor Civic is a bit tired certainly gonna try and cheer it up a bit, took it for a spin earlier and certainly goes well for a 1.5

I had my rx7 for 5 years and was my pride and joy, spent around 10 grand on it all together, had a single turbo fitted with all supporting mods and made 430bhp on low boost, never got it running higher boost before i sold it, badly needed the money as needed to pay of debts, wasant gonna buy another car for a while but my situation changed significantly about 2 months ago and im not single so thought i would start a new project, without putting it on credit this time.

20. chrisejcoupe Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks guys, i think this poor Civic is a bit tired certainly gonna try and cheer it up a bit, took it for a spin earlier and certainly goes well for a 1.5

I had my rx7 for 5 years and was my pride and joy, spent around 10 grand on it all together, had a single turbo fitted with all supporting mods and made 430bhp on low boost, never got it running higher boost before i sold it, badly needed the money as needed to pay of debts, wasant gonna buy another car for a while but my situation changed significantly about 2 months ago and im not single so thought i would start a new project, without putting it on credit this time.