General New owner questions

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Jimob 23, Tuesday 15th Oct, 2019.

1. Jimob 23 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Jim Ware
    Have just taken ownership of a 2016 13,000 miles CR-V Petrol ,Automatic and have some questions not answered in the manual hopefully someone can answer

1 In normal urban relatively short distances what average MPG should one expect
    2 Does the Eco mode make a significant difference consumption wise in urban commuting
    3 What is the primary objective in having the option to manually change gears
    4 Is there any advantage in using premium fuel compared to regular

Thanks for anticipated replies

2. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    In answer using using the same numbering as you:

1. Can't speak for urban short distances as I've always used mine in predominately rural areas and in permanent ECO mode but do use it for towing a trailer and my average, as determined from brim to brim measuring over circa 15,000 miles since new, has been 34.9mpg. There is no doubt that the car returns a far better MPG at speeds in the 60-70mph where mine regularly shows returns of 36-40mpg on the computer. I therefore believe, purely from a MPG view, that it is not the best car for short urban driving.
    2. Can't say for reasons above.
    3. The paddles give you the ability to hold a particular gear, for example to overtake or provide engine braking on steep descents (the latter being very useful if towing).
    4. I've always used BP standard fuel as I believe it has a few more additives than the supermarket fuel but whether it provides a better MPG figure I can't say as I've nothing to compare it with. It is of course more expensive as well but on my low mileage it is irrelevant to me.

Sorry I can't be more help but there may be other members with the same engine/gearbox set up whose use more closely matches yours.

Keith