Listing Found New NGK Ruthenium sparkplugs

Discussion in 'eBay Links' started by jd1959, Saturday 13th Oct, 2018.

1. jd1959 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    While looking for new iridium plugs for my Stream after converting to lpg I came across a new line of NGK plugs based on Ruthenium rather than platinum or iridium. They are only in the Japanese and Canadian market at the moment and from what I can gather they are harder wearing than iridium and have some other marginal benefits as well. Any case for the price I decided to give them try. Love to hear from anyone that has used them or any other thoughts.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-NGK-RX-SPARK-PLUGS-For-LEGACY-BM9-BR9-From-Japan-BKR6ERX-11P/223134631676?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

プレミアムRXプラグ|NGKスパークプラグ プラグスタジオ

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England CJ Leeds
    Do us a review and some close up when these arrive.

andy83 likes this.
  3. jd1959 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    I got them put them in the Stepwgn instead of the Stream. When I was doing the valves last one of the iridium ones I had in had backed out slightly leaving staining on the plug and coil, also they had a little over a 100k km on lpg on the plugs most likely fine but since I had these...

Initial impressions are good smoothed out the idle a bit (not surprising given the slightly loose plug). We'll see over the next several years if they work out any better than the iridium ones. Price wise much the same as iridium. As expected no real difference in fuel economy or performance in a 8 seat bus.

I didn't bother with photos as the ngk site does far better than my cheap Chinese smart phone camera! I'll let you know how things look after the next valve adjustment.

honda_saj and Nels like this.