Need your advice/opinions people!

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by -paul, Monday 9th Nov, 2009.

1. -paul Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

To get straight to the point, as some of you may know I have an EG which I recently had a small accident in. It's all been repaired but I've spent nearly

2. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

new shell and swaps.. you are right a crashed car is never really the same and from the sounds of it it wasnt a small ding...

just IMO

3. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

99% of the time if youve had a bump and think there's something wrong its in your head

id say go for the b swap but OMG do it yourself and save yourself atleast

4. -paul Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Tx for quick reply, put it this way, I it went through insurance it would of been written off, luckily my dads a panel beater so he put in a new rear arch repaired the rest, door etc just had to fork out

5. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if it was just body then why not just drop a B in there?

6. -paul Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

7. -paul Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fair point but I like things to be perfect. For the price I payed to get it repaired is good for what it is, however, the front corner isn't 100% aligned properly (cause i know it's there, to any other person they wouldn't probably notice it), the previous owner fitted a crap exhaust backbox and cut out a slot to allow the backbox to come through the rear bumper, so when I get a decent exhaust I'll have to get another rear bumper and get that sprayed...The camber on the drivers side is out due to accident + tracking (ok not end of the world but just annoying things).

It's like never ending.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 9th Nov, 2009
  8. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

with your family connection and cheap nature of EG parts i don't see you getting this perfect an issue at all and to be fair i don't know your fund situation but if you got it... do it... then look back when its perfect and you can thing damn look what i did and where it came from... thats whats its all about... all IMO

9. -paul Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I hear what you're saying which is very true, and I'm taking all your advice in.

It's just very difficult to decide. You must see where i'm coming from, with the amount of money I've spent, and pretty much gone no where. Wheels/suspension is no prob, but things like respray, the spray done after the repair isn't brilliant compared to the original spray job but hey,

10. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yea mate i do see where your coming form completely and at the end of the day there are a few damn good looking cars about for sale at the moment.. your right it is a tough one

11. -paul Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yep :Frown: . Thanks for your feedback man, appreciated.