Need more Lows!!!

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by j4m3s, Monday 23rd Nov, 2009.

1. j4m3s Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

got sleeves in the EK but its not low enough,

mate got the same sleeves in his Integra and its a hell of alot lower.

what the difference?

or what can i do?

thanks,

James

2. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What sleaves do you have. Ground control sleaves go plenty low enough.

3. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There is no difference, Integra's are generally quite low anyway.

What can you do? For a start, you two should invest in some proper suspension...

4. j4m3s Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

don't want proper suspension. just want it low, not in it for the speed or the handling just the look :Wink:

5. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well with full coilovers you can go as low as you want... safely.

DSC_0010.

6. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

I think we are thinking more about your safety, your life.

If you don't want to spend money, don't care about speed, handling, or your life and just want the look; there are a few way to achieve that.... but I wouldn't want to suggest it as it may get me thrown in jail for manslaughter.

The end result look a little something like this: :O

135036d1228623002-what-about-cutting-springs-08252007-001-.

This is another possibility:

SNN1927A-280_891889a.

I am not trying to be patronizing, but sometime there are things that are more important than looks, such as the safety of you and your passengers.

7. j4m3s Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

no i completely understand the saftey aspect and would never cut or compress springs, but i bought sleeves as they are sold as a legal lowering method and are cheap. untill i got a bit of cash together for proper coilovers.

8. andy-g_lfc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its should say on the box of the sleeves that they arent for road use.. Plenty of people are running them, and apart from being a little bouncy theyre fine..

But i think youl need to go for coilovers to get it as low as you want. D2's or something would bring it down

Although my mates prefacelift was alot lower than most others I've seen and it was on sleeves.. Have you tried with the adjusters out?

9. Sirk Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

get some tiny wheels

10. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

The thing you have to remember is that it isn't just springs, you have the dampers too.

To "slam" the car on standard dampers, you can ensure that the dampers will blow pretty quickly.

So now, not only do you have coil sleeve which isn't very good to begin with, you also have blown dampers that will cost you money to replace.

In all honesty, i would say go with an "acceptable" ride height at the moment, then slam the car once you get a good set of coilovers.

It isn't worth "breaking" things to go low for a few weeks, then have to fork out money to fix what broke... :Frown:

11. SeanEK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Listen to the professionals :Wink:

12. j4m3s Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yea i know he knows the score!

the main thing i was curious over was how the Integra sits so low and mine sits alot higher :s

13. TUTE Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

plenty of people i kno run sleeves with no problems although most are on upgraded shocks.

My mate ran sleeves in his ek3 for about 3 months before he sold it and the current owner still has them in. its about 7 months in total now and he has had no problems with them and its still on the standard shocks too.

They go low his floor pan used to bend on speedbumps that are about 6-7cm tall.

14. sk8ter646 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

an Integra is a lower car to start off with, however have u fitted the sleeves properly? i would sudgest saving up for some proper coilovers, you get get second hand D2s for about

15. TUTE Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

this was my mates EK on the sleeves

IMG_0733.

IMG_0770.

16. kellsled Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

dude b4 me had the back springs in the front shocks in the car and it was slammedddddddd lol speed bumps are a no no tho unless u wana rock in the middle of it