General Navigation out of position

Discussion in '10th Generation (2016)' started by René Chriatian Hansen, Sunday 26th Nov, 2017.

1. René Chriatian Hansen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark René Sorø
    Hello

We have just received our brand new Civic Sport Plus.

We love the car, but we have problems with the navigation.

The navigation gets out of position all the time, so it is useless.
    We can drive about 50 min without problems, but then the navigation losses the position all the time. Some times it is on the wrong road and some times it is off the road.

Have others the same problem, and anybody know how to fix it?

2. Sandy52 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Have you spoken to the dealer who supplied the car?
    It is their job to fix it.
    Try reload the map into the GPS, but I think it needs a diagnostic check and could be the GPS sensor or a connector.

3. René Chriatian Hansen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark René Sorø
    Yes I have spoken to the dealer today, and they will have a look at the issue Thursday next week.

I have read about users/owners in the US with the same issue, but i don´t know if the issue is fixed, and I would like to know if any in the EU have the same issue.

4. Sandy52 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    I have Honda GPS mapping in my car but I have an older model,2012.
    I don't find the Honda system any good, and I use a recent map update. I find Google maps is better, and a lot cheaper, but i don't like using my phone for this, having power cables across the dash etc. I am looking for a better phone holder for the dash.
    I am thinking of changing to a new media player with Apple maps but will wait till next year now.

5. Tim B Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tim Buxton
    I have the new model and the at Nav works fine in the UK

6. René Chriatian Hansen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark René Sorø
    Nice to hear yours are working fine.
    But stange that only some have the problem.

I went to the dealer Thursday, and the only think they did was to reset the unit to factory settings. I have not had a chance to check if it works now, because the issue first start after 40 min of drive.

But it was a little bit strange at the dealer.
    First when I arrived I was talking to 2 employees and is sounded like they never had heard about this issue before.
    When i vent back to collect my car, then the same 2 employees had heard abut the issue from others, and they said they are waiting for a fix from Honda, and they expect the fix to come anytime. They will write to all the owners when the fix is ready.
    I am not quite sure I believe that the fix is about to arrive, or if Honda will have a fix to the issue at all.

7. TJT1 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My 10G Civic's satnav has 'wandered off road' a couple of times. My old Accord nav sometimes had a job 'finding' the road, but once 'locked on' was fine. The Civic however, just 'wandered off' for a couple of miles then just 'drifted' back onto the road. A bit disconcerting, but as I wasn't navigating at the time, I'm not sure what effect it would have had on that.

8. lessonstar Banned ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States lessonsta america
    你好,我今天有类似的问题,有没有解决办法?谢谢。

9. TJT1 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

And Google translate says:
    "Hello, I have a similar problem today, is there a solution? Thank you."
    Wow, what a wonderful thing Google translate is.

10. René Chriatian Hansen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark René Sorø
    Nope, no solution yet.
    I am waiting for Honda to come with a fix, but after my unit was reset to factory settings, I have only had the issue once.

11. TJT1 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've had it happen several times now. Latest today.
    Been to the Honda dealer and they Contacted Honda who apparently said that they were waiting for a software update. I won't hold my breath on that one though.
    About the aircon whistle? "We will let you know what Honda say."

12. Nels Evangelist H-Tune Community

United Kingdom JD Home
    Please stick to English !

13. Weirdkerr New Member Getting Started

Scotland Mark Morayshire
    Had it happen very briefly in my car a few days ago, but having had a similar problem with various GarminNuvi (dash mount sat nav device) a few times in the past I think its more likely a Garmin related problem.... doesn't bother much as I will probably use Google maps with android auto rather that the sat nav function

14. TJT1 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a Garmin DS61 and once it has got sat lock (usually within a few seconds), it has never lost lock for no apparent reason.