My VTI engine - :D

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by civic_bitch, Tuesday 24th Nov, 2009.

1. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hey guys

Most of you know, I have a B16a2 head and a B18c4 bottom.. Anyways, runs fine but sometimes it feels a bit jumpy as its its choking or lacking something... Its all still on the 1.6 vti (P30 ECU) and I understand its a 1.8 now and can run lean..

Anyways, to cut a long story short, its booked in for a RR diagnostics test on Thursday to sus any issues ... BUT...

I want the best outta it and apparently if I get a P28 ECU from the EG esi, a conversion harness and a map I can remap it to run perfectly and healthier, etc.

All this OBD1/2 stuff is just way too confusing for me, lol so can someone please try and explain it to me and tell me what I need. I can get a P28 from a scrappy but as for the harness what one do I need and where from, don't say accessory zone as had issues before, where else can I get one... Needing them ASAP if possible :Smile:

The B18 map aswell, what one do I need?? Is it something I buy and take to the place or is it summit they will have and put onto the ECU, etc..

Also been offered an Apexi VAFC, do I need this??

Car was a 98 EK4 1.6 vti... NOW, its got the 1.8 vti bottom end..

Cheers

Ashleigh & Frank the wank

2. omp Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you will need an obd2a > obd1 conversion harness

this is basically like a double sided socket, your 98 engine loom plugs in the one side, then your obd1 ECU plugs in the other side

i would then imagine you would need the ECU chipped and mapped, as for which map im unsure sorry but someone will be along shortly im sure :Smile:

harnesses can be had from many places, http://www.boomslang.us/obd2to1.htm

thats a us company though, i bought my one off ebay and its been fine so far, was also fast delivery from hong kong and half the price of alot of the others

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 24th Nov, 2009
  3. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

How about we swap cars and you do mine up, haha... :Grin:

Right so ill get the P28 and harness then take it to a place and they will supply chip and map then boom, Bobs ya uncle??/ Am I right, lol :Grin:

Give me a link to some harnesses as I need it like sooo last week, lol

Cheers for ya reply hun

Ashleigh

4. omp Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

before you buy anything i would like someone else to just double check as you have the b18 bottom end, however if your using the origional engine loom then i don't see a problem as it will be obd2a. (i think the b18 will be obd2a anyway aswell)

5. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

LOL, I couldn't tell ya... Im baffled :Grin:

6. omp Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

did you have someone do the conversion then i take it? if your using the origional ECU then that means its still obd2a meaning in theory there shouldnt be anything wrong with just buying a harness, ECU, chip and get it mapped

7. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thats what I wana do, lol... Get a P28, harness and then give it to someone to chip/ map :Grin:

8. HondaR84 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have a word with d16_turbo on here. his company would supply you with the harness, ECU, chip and the map and his prices are good too! He knows his stuff, hes built the fastest b18 on stock internals and the fastest d16 in the uk, he'll get every last horse out of it! If you can't find him give me a pm and ill give you his contact details

9. whiteciviccoupe Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

AH HA new you had swapped the bottom end over :Tongue: whats she like now ?

10. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't buy boomslang

products are shoddily manufactured....

get onto Faz at funkypower and get a skunk2 one....few quid dearer, but worth it tbh :Smile:

11. Beau23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

could she run a p73 ITR ECU as i got one for sale.. I was gonna use it on my engine which is a c4 bottom with a2 head but i'v got pistons cam's inlet exhaust and head work etc if it would work u can buy my ECU Civic bitch lol

12. craigej6 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

p73 would work i beleieve yes

13. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Been told to get a P30 or P28 so I've got nee idea.. HAs anyone got any links to the harness, im a lazy bitch, haha :Grin:

14. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=HONDA&model=Civic&year=1996-00+Civic&level1=ELECTRONICS&level2=CONVERSION+HARNESSES+%2F+ECU+MODIFICATIONS&level3=&id_product=4257

15. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Which one, lol and do we get a CL discount coz I need it fast, lol :Grin:

16. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

changed the link to the one u need :Smile:

17. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks huni :Grin: and erm.. thats says for off road or racing only,. lol

18. Beau23 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lol you say that.. But u gotta buy p30 chip it map it conver harn etc thats easy 300-400 or buy my p73 which plugs straight in for 90 quid.. Know what i'd rather do lol correct me if i'm wrong but drop in some teg cam's as well and i'd bet you'd see 185bhp+

19. civic_bitch Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Well my lad has a 96 JDM spec teg and he said I can HAVE his cams if i want and he can buy some uprated ones, lol.. will these go ok with my b16 head and b18c4 bottom..

20. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yes, they will work :Smile:

it only says for offroad use only to cover the sellers back incase someone says its illegal...although they aint :lol: i used it to fit my OBD1 Prelude ECU (P13) and it passed an MOT :lol: they won't even look for it as it's hidden away with your ECU :Smile: