My side skirts??

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by Spoon_Civic, Wednesday 4th Nov, 2009.

1. Spoon_Civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi fellas,

Just throwing this out there as I am a bit confused as to what they are. They are not ABS plastic and don't look OEM, but they came with the car in OEM paint and I really need one replacing, so now I'm trying to track down what they are!!

Pictures....

P1090133.

P1090137.

P1090140.

Thanks.

2. andy-g_lfc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Definetly arent the standard ones.. Look kind of like ej2 side skirts (more rounded)

3. Sirk Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

4. Spoon_Civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I called the old owner and he doesnt know, he certainly didnt fit them and thought they were standard lol. The search continues!

5. Sirk Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7215/96859018nd1.jpg

6. Spoon_Civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They seem pretty close, will have to look for some EG coupe one's too, as I've heard they may be similar to what I have. Will MB one's fit on an EJ/EK coupe?

7. andy-g_lfc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yea the EG coupe are the ej2 ones dude

8. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im sure they are part of the factory optional lip kit dude, I've got an original honda accessories book at home, i'll double check in that :Smile:

al9955

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 4th Nov, 2009
  9. Spoon_Civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you could check mate that would be awesome. I know the lady that bought it had the lip kit installed, but I didnt think OEM came in fibreglass, etc.

10. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i'll do that on my way home buddy, just remembered my book is at my mums!! :Grin:

al9955

11. kahn_v Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

theyre OEM optional extras.

12. Porker New Member Getting Started

No chance.

OEM wouldn't be fibreglass...

13. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've just looked in the accessories book, they are 100% OEM optional sideskits, unfortunately i don't have a scanner or can get a good enough picture to show you the picture in the book!

al9955

14. Spoon_Civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Al, have you a part number for them?

Thanks ever so much mate for clearing that up!

15. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[​IMG]

Taken from the 1996-1998 Civic Coupe brochure: http://web.archive.org/web/20050420075759/www.hondarevolutions.com/html/brochure_6gciviccoupe.htm

As seen on HR back in the day!

16. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Loads more brochures here for anyone interested :Smile:

Archive.org ftw!

17. Spoon_Civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Awesome work fellas, impressive :Smile: Just need the part numbers and a bit of luck that Honda still sell these!!

18. al9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

unfortunately it is just a picture brochure, have you removed one?, should have the part no. stamped in it i would of thought dude :Smile:

al9955