General My old Prelude 4th

Discussion in '4th Generation (1992-1996)' started by Steven9233, Saturday 21st Jan, 2017.

1. Steven9233 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom steve Southampton
    May interest you 4th Generation Prelude owners , I bought this Prelude in 2000 it was 5 years old at the time and was a run out model with factory body kit , and special edition Honda wheels , expert Prelude enthusiasts will also notice it was lowered 15mm . The dealer who supplied the car new sent it to Jan speed as it was the last Prelude of this shape they had and supplied it as a one off special to the guy before me who treasured the car same as I did , lowered by 15mm , janspeed stainless manifold back , bespoke mats , I bought it at a very high cost with 39000 miles , it was as new and I kept it that way until I reluctantly sold it 2009 after owning it 9 years and only covered 16000 miles as I had a company car , this car was without doubt the biggest head turner I've ever had not only coz it looked so good but its condition , I sold the car within 6 hours of it being on autotrader and discovered it was in many shows after . What a awsome car the Prelude is , I have a legend KB1 now but I still maintain the Prelude 3rd Generation ( especially ) and the 4th Generation like mine was the best Honda overall ever ! Looks style quality and drive . Should of kept it as I'm sure it must of been best original car in UK

Attached Files:

2. legend-ary Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Wow that was quite a looker... maybe you will cross paths with it again.
    @RogerH69 is building one in his garage and I admit previously I always kind of ignored the Prelude for Integra but now kind of liking them more and more as they have a sense of sophistication to them.

3. Steven9233 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom steve Southampton
    Funny you say that , I was queuing to leave the farnbourough air show few years ago and I saw it about 10 cars ahead . My wife said "don't be stupid it can't be yours " but I just knew it was , sure enough got on motorway and I got behind it and it was my old baby , still looked awsome although a little faded compared to when I had it , it was all I could do not to follow him home and offer whatever he wanted lol. That car was so loved and cared for it was rediculous , but interesting point is that on the app I have to check MOT and car data it is still going strong and only minimal advisories on last MOT such as worn pads, slight play in ball joint , it's 22 years old , just shows look after a Honda of any kind of that era, regular oil changes etc ( jap built ) and they look after you for a long time . in truth would probably feel like a 22 year old car now but the mighty Prelude will stay in my heart forever , just look at what you got with other manufacturers of the time when Prelude was around i.e. The 3rd Generation . 4WS , electric everything , bomb proof reliable , compares to what at the time ? Cavalier SRI ! , manky little MR2 , it was the show case and platform for all performance hondas like Integra moving forward . Shit I want to go get one

legend-ary likes this.
  4. Eck Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

by far one of the best cars ever made by Honda, no idea how to post a like but I do!!