my iPod never stops supprising me!

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by tombowman12, Wednesday 23rd Dec, 2009.

1. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A radnom topic i know! but i am so super ahppy, stoked, amazed, shocked and all sorts of other things right now!

I bought a 4th Generation ipod, in 2004! so it makes it nearly 6 years old!

I have had it with me all the time when back in school/college, it got damp, it got knocked around, i took it with me to a gig so i could get a band to sign it, basically it has been thoruogh almost 6 years of my life and hardly left my left pocket!

I had a problem in 2005 when the click wheel stopped working, i requested service assistance, and it started working again, so i turned the courier away when they came for it! made use of the box they gave me though!

since then no problem, until december 1st 2009, turn it on at work so i can listen to some music as i prep a car for paint, and a sad face appears:Frown: went home to do some research on the interwebz, and turned out that this is a hard drive failure! so i left it on my desk.

i was bored tonight so i started playing around on ipod support, whilst the ipod was connected to the pc! with the hard drive failure, it doesn't pop up in itunes, but it still charges the battery! so i was just looking into requesting an online service report when "DA DING" windows detects a usb device and my ipod appears in itunes! so i eject it, and turn it on, the apple logo appears and IT LIVES!

all 5000 songs saved! thanks fuck for that!

just goes to show how good the old iPod is! 6 years, still going strong, and it repairs itself! or it's shit scared of going in for repair!!

LOVE IT!!

2. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Haha thats good that it worked again.

If mine goes bust I won't be a happy chappy, these things are very dear!

3. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

I had exactly the same thing on my last Ipod, then about 2 weeks later it failed for good.... So I'd get prepared for failure dude

4. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm like this with electronic things - I've had my iPhone since last september and haven't had a single issue with it - I've seen all my mates' go wrong, crack, break and generally live up the bad name - whilst mine lives on strong after being kicked around club floors, thrown, dropped on cobble floors, and held in the rain for signal! Only has a few chips :Grin:

5. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ahh damn! what gen was it??

if this one dies, i'll be getting a new hard drive for it! theres tonnes of videos on youtube on how to repair them, and im not sending it to apple, they'll replace it with another one!

6. BigJames Commercial Services Trader

erm... this one

photo_ipod4.

At least i think it was, it was a while back now - Mine was the 1st Generation that 20gb was available (which is why i upgraded to it)

7. Stu. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not all the time. I sent one to them for repair, they sent it straight back saying there was nothing wrong with it.

Suffice to say, it would still hold no more than 300 songs on it's 120gb HDD.

8. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Iv had mine 3 years, its been down stairs and drowned etc and it still lives.

The amount of dents on the back is silly. Deffinatly the best thing iv ever bought

9. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

OH NO! thats the one i have! i think i might cry!

to be fair though, isn't it simply awesome! compared to the new ipod "classic" whih is thin and feels cheap! these feel sturdy and robust!

and they came with a wall charger! unlike the new ones that come with a USB cable! lol

10. Switch Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had an iPod I absolutely loved for like four years, and then my Mum put it through the wash, cha-ching, instant upgrade.

11. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

that happened to me aswell switch!

thought they would give me a like for like replacement but no!

My headphones have broke, went into apple and they said bring my box in an we will replace them!

10 points to apple

12. shawthing001 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Had mine 3 and half years now and still going strongish. As it is in my car most of the time getting charged by the CD player the battery has become abit addicted to the charge so tends not to last to long on its on :Grin: