Civic/7th Gen My first RED EP2 build, mods to come!

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by brumf_88, Wednesday 30th Dec, 2009.

1. brumf_88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all. im new on here, recently posted up in the newbs section!

right first taste of a Civic, and already love the car. better than my first car in every way shape and form. some info on the little whipper snapper :Tongue:

2004 Civic Type-S, 1.6 SOHC VTEC

Milano red

28k on the clock

Totaly standard ( not for long :Grin: )

I've done a bit of research to learn unfortunatly it doesnt have the well known B series engine, so no lovely VTEC roars :Frown: but the rest of the car is amazing and i love it! handles realy well and drive realy smooth.

ok heres some pics of it:

DSC07343.

DSC07342.

DSC07340.

DSC07337.

as soon as i got it, i gave it a good clean, tcut, polish and a seal with some decent wax ready for winter. paints realy shiny!!

I've also brought a few bits for it to get the project started. I've got a Type-R spoiler at the paint shop at the moment, I've sprayed my rocker cover, and fuse box cover Milano red. I've installed a bluetooth head unit for some bangin tunage! also on order is an AEM CAI induction kit, and an engine dress up kit in red. so should look rather snazzy soon!

pics of the rocker cover :

DSC07354.

DSC07355.

DSC07356.

looks realy mint, dead happy with the result! I've finished the VTEC in silver to give it the finishing touch,

other mods to follow are some decent wheels, carbon bonnet, maybe lowering ( springs or coils) breather filter to go with induction, strut brace, maybe front lip, possibly back box. not sure what else, as im told these engine are not tunable without spending loads of cash for not alot of bang. may drop a Type-R engine in or just buy one!

Anyway let me know what u think !!!

cheers

Adam

2. vtecivic123 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Get some nice wheels on ASAP and get it lowered. Can't really get more power out of the engine, It will just be a waste of money. If your planning on putting a K20, Just by the EP3 instead.

3. brumf_88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah wheels are coming soon, im thinkin white or black. just read the guys thread that put an Integra engine in, looks sweet, this may be a possibility!

adam

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 30th Dec, 2009
  4. Smithy07 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

5. vtecivic123 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ohhh, So you planning on putting a b series in? that would be cool

6. brumf_88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

possibly lol, will see. as i said, may just get a Type-R in a year or so.

7. brumf_88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

well got my Type-R spoiler fitted,spray job could have been a tad better, so its going back in next week to be finished better. but here it is fitted anyway.

DSC07362.

DSC07361.

looks loads better. thinkin maybe debadge it as well, but not sure how easy it is to do?! do the badges just peel off or are they push rivited on?

also, got the engine dress up kit and fitted a load of it to various pipes under the bonnet. looks a lot better i think:Smile:

DSC07368.

DSC07369.

also, in the 2nd picture of the spoiler, you can just see the brake calipers I've painted, ready for the wheels to be fitted now. what you lot think to the red calipers? should i go silver or somthing?!

cheers guys

8. mu5k3r Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

nice i like it, get it on some new wheels and lower and will look the sex :Smile:

9. Tommy3G Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Get some white DC5 rims!

10. Ross18 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

The badges are just stuck on, bit of hot water and dental floss will bring them off.

11. ecksjay Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

as long as you don't put a type-r badge on it, thats all that matters :Smile:

12. brumf_88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers guys, may get them ripped off then. just gagging to get my AEM CAI... should be here any time now.. kid at christmas :Tongue:

neverrrrrrrrrrrrrr :Smile: its not a Type-R, and never ever will beat one unless its heart gets ripped out and replaced :Tongue:

13. KrisEP2 New Member Getting Started

Loving the car mate exact same a mine, colour and mileage almost everything haha

Where did you order your AEM CAI induction and dress up kit if you don't mind me asking??

14. Smithy07 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

you know your rocker cover did you sand it all down then primer then gloss spray? ( or use brush? ) want to do the same to mine just want to know step by step thanks m8!!