Civic/6th Gen My EK4 (Aka Thunder)

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by alcarp, Thursday 6th Aug, 2009.

1. alcarp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Previous build up thread here

Well everybody, its me who's the lucky new owner.

After a drive back to Washington (Near newcastle) It was absolutely covered in flies!

Put her in the garage for the night then I spent yesterday giving it a clay bar allover then plenty megs carnuba wax on the body and wheels.

DSC_0071.

DSC_0072.

DSC_0073.

DSC_0074.

DSC_0075.

DSC_0077.

DSC_0079.

Its absolutely awesome to drive Lee, you done a good job with it, it feels really tight.

Stiffened up the suspension 8 clicks off hardest and its just right for round my way.

Couple of blurry pics but it was just with my camera phone.

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 25th Dec, 2009
  2. Bong Guest

You bought a sweet car there, enjoy and look after it

3. Lance Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congrads dude. Great car to buy!

4. alcarp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah I agree there, used to have a Del Sol but this is a million times better.

No-one should worry, Garaged everynight and I'm going to look after her as much as Lee did.

5. Lance Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

good to hear. Have a look at the meets/convoy section and meet some CL members.

6. likekites Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

good lad, youve got an awesome car there, i would say have you got any plans for her but idk whats left to do:Messed:

have fun :Tongue:

7. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lovely mate bet your well chuffed with it !! :Smile: Good to see its gone to good home where itl be looked after 8) What are your plans for it ?

8. alcarp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah I will do mate, I already know most of the lads from the north east on here like hoolio etc cos I was on hondanortheast as I used to have a Del Sol last year.

Indeed I have, I havnt really, just the odd little thing here and there.

Yeah I am totally :Grin: love it to bits already.

few little jobs are,

1. Sort the rear right seatbelt( its jammed :Messed: ),

2. Get a new string for the parcel shelve to boot thing as it only has 1 at the moment.

3. New flat front wiper blades

4. Theres no rear washer so not sure about the removing the rear wiper and putting a rubber bung in, I'm still undecided.

5. The car seems to get enough air but I might look into getting some kind of air intake. But I don't really want to change any of the front bumper cos I think it looks perfect at the moment.

6. Just gonna try tidy the engine bay up a bit, polish up all the metal bits etc.

9. flybikeslee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

rear belt is a new one on me :/ never used it myself or would have told you!

glad to see her nice and clean! you know the deal, look after it or ill be up there to have words :Wink:

don't do a bung pleaaaase, if anything get the hole welded, much nicer, only think i had left to do really! your ears ringing from the n1 :lol: ?

10. alcarp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah its not a bit problem like don't worry about it, probs just my mate bein a spaz with it. I'm sure I'll be able to sort it pretty easily.

Haha indeed, garaged and washed all the time and will only be drove in the dry cos I've got my second car :Smile:

Im not getting a bung at all, you can relax :Grin: Just was trying to think of somewhere to get some sort of air feed from. Im not going to be chopping up the bumper haha.

I love the n1, the burble on it after you take your foot off the pedal is sweet, and in VTEC its something else!

11. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You have an awsome car there mate. Look after it :Grin:

When you gonna spill on your next project lee?

12. flybikeslee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i've bought a bus...

13. Jsin Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

p840NFS NFS= NEED FOR SPEED :Grin:

14. flybikeslee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i got that quite a lot...

15. alcarp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

went down to North East Detailing. ( www.nedetailing.co.uk) The lad who I spoke to (can't think of his name)

was really helpful though, talked me through their range of products etc. And found out the meguiars wash I was using wasn't doing any favours for the wax on the car!

Would certainly recommend them to everyone.

So I got...

Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo and a new drying towel. Zymol fabrique and the squiter bottle for cleaning the recaro's, Zymol Glasur Glaze, some microfibres and a sticker.

Nice little additions

DSCF5314.

first bit of the zymol

DSCF5322.

Started with the front wing and front of door

DSCF5323.

DSCF5324.

Took a few attempts to get the right length of time to wait before buffing :Tongue:

DSCF5325.

DSCF5326.

Nice bit reflection

DSCF5328.

DSCF5331.

All done

DSCF5332.

DSCF5333.

DSCF5334.

DSCF5335.

DSCF5336.

DSCF5340.

DSCF5341.

DSCF5343.

DSCF5344.

DSCF5345.

DSCF5347.

DSCF5349.

DSCF5350.

Extremely impressed by the results of the zymol, I thought my car was shining when I used meguiars but the

Glasur glaze is something else. The car really has a fantastic finish on it now.

Many thanks to NE detailing for the products and tips. O0

Also, the rear bung for the wiper will be gettin removed next week with it begin welded etc and a couple of little dents smoothed out and resprayed etc.

16. blitz Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

awesome dude, looks mint

17. TomsiR Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looks stunning mate!

18. spoonvti Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

that looks nice, great buy and some excellent work done to it

19. flybikeslee Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

wheres the dent in the boot come from!? will look good without the rear wiper :Smile:

20. alcarp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know I replied to this on hondanortheast.org.uk but thought i'd keep this thread going too...

Aye the dent I noticed it a couple of days after I bought it off you, couldn't hardly notice it with the wiper being there somehow :Messed:

Also under the wiper there is an off blue colour (about 5cmx1cm) where whoever sprayed it didnt remove the wiper. Car is in the bodyshop as we speak so will be sorted by the weekend. with no wiper too :Grin:

Will be taking some photos for the weekend along with sorting a couple of other little goodies out :Smile: