Civic/6th Gen My ek3 buildup

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by ellis, Friday 23rd May, 2008.

1. ellis Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all, I've been floating around this site for quite a while now so thought it was time i did a bit of a buildup, i havent got every pic of everything I've done but I've got a few to be going on with.

This is what it looked like the day i got it, had been realy well looked after by a mate of mine :-

civicback.

civicside.

Then i got board and painted the wheels, added a front lip and lowerd it a little more :-

CIVICNEW005.

CIVICNEW010.

Then i added a show cage as im quite a big fan of these, just think they look nice :-

civicnewpics022.

civicnewpics024.

Then i decided the interior needed a change so i got some EP3 front seats, teg rear bench, retrimmed arm rest and vti door cards.

civicnew007-1.

civicnew008-1.

civicnew010-1.

Then i fitted a jap size rear plate, had a play with the back lights and a new exhaust system:-

civicnew002-1.

Next up i fitted a couple of tenzo r stickers on the side to break it up a bit, new wheels as i didnt like the 16" ones anymore and some red wheel nuts, also someone drove into it and took one of my front wings out so i got my hands on the vented ones as i liked them:-

civicnew004-1.

civicnew001.

Then i got a carbon bonnet and relocated the numberplate:-

civicnew012.

Then i came across i good engine as mine had done a few miles so i brought that ready to go in :-

engineproject014.

lukescar008.

Then i was down my local scrappy and found this at a price that couldn't be left so out the window went the engine i had been getting ready:-

civicnew004-2.

So i pulled the engine out of the donor car and that brings us to how it is now. Getting the new engine ready to go in:-

enginebuild006.

Vti hubs and brakes ( thanks ekcivic brum :Wink: )

jeep002.

P30 ECU arrived just waiting for my obd conversion harness :-

jeep005.

Exhaust heat wrapp:-

jeep004.

Rocker cover off ready to go for powder coating:-

jeep003.

Back from coaters:-

enginebuild003.

Engine ready for a tidy up before it goes in:-

jeep001.

Moved my plate again, had a play with my wheels, painted a red lip on them and fitted a carbon grill:-

enginebuild005.

enginebuild004.

Rubbing block down ready for primer and a bit of paint:-

jeep006.

And thats how it is at the moment. Next on my list is a 4 branch for my heat wrapp and a nice large alloy rad that goes right across the front of the car not just a half one, also some other posh bits on the way soon. :Grin:

2. EK-Leo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

how long was this anyways i think its gone really well really does look nice not too keen on them stickers but overall looks well nice should took some of the door cards well done can't wait for some more pics bro

3. ellis Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeh i will get some pics of the door cards up. Its quite long yeh lol I've had the car quite a while now. 2 weeks and i will be starting the engine swap :Grin:

4. EK-Leo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

wicked next up man EK9 spoiler lool

btw where you get your lips from? and how much

5. Tom Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

tbh m8 i prefer how it looked when u bought it off ur m8 but hay ho it's ur motor.

How many miles were on the d series that u said had alot of milage btw?

6. ellis Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

the d series thats in the car now has 150k on it but that spare one i brought that I've just sold only had just under 60k on it.

The lip i got off a mate, it was broke in half in a skip at his work so i just fixed it. Bargin :Grin:

7. EK-Leo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

loooooooooooooooool

8. wozzer Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice C/F bonnet :Wink: :Grin:

Cars lookin very nice :cool:

9. .ku Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looks nice

10. jonny mac Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looking good, red lip's ftw! type-r headlights would suit the car aswell!

looks ace so far!

11. NeilVtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looks ace so far dude! .. where does that cage attach in the back?? looks good! :Smile:

12. .ku Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

will that cage help if u roll it

or is it just a show cage?

13. ellis Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers everyone. NA mate the cage wouldn't help me if i rolled it i shouldnt think. It fixes to the top and bottom seat belt mounting points. Once it was bolted in tho it did make the car feel a little more stiff when cornering so carnt all be bad.

few more pics of what I've been doing, getting there slowly now.

put rocker cover on and primed the block and head:-

enginebuild008.

enginebuild007.

Painted the block:-

enginebuild011.

Then gave the head a coat of paint to clean it up a bit:-

enginebuild019.

enginebuild017.

enginebuild020.

also put some primer on other brackets and ps pump ready for paint:-

enginebuild010.

enginebuild012.

enginebuild009.

Thats it for today, tomrow i will start cleaning up the gearbox ready for paint and also finish off my brackets and pump and any other bits i think of. :Wink:

14. spoons Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

looks well mate, can't wait to get this one in and up and running :Smile:

15. sean_EJ2 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sure.. thats HOT mate love it so far looks clean dude and interior is my fave atm :Wink:

16. andyek4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

nice car mate!!

what did you paint the engine with??

Keep up the good work!

17. Jager.Dan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I really like this. Love what youve done with the wheels and that block looks superb. If you have a spare bit of money and are quite picky id get your bodyshop to blow in some basecoat on your doors and laquer the. It looks from your pics your wings are a shade out, silvers are a bitch even if you colour chip them. I assume your cars vogue silver, if so theres more than one shade.

Just my opinion though from the pictures. Still doesnt deflect from this being a very nice car.

18. ellis Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers everyone. Mike will give ya a shout as soon as i start putting it in, you can pop down and give me a hand if you are free.

Andyek4- The rocker cover i had blasted and powdercoated, the rest of it I've done with hammerite primer and hammerite smooth paint.

Jager.dan- cheers for ya comments mate, yeh the car does need some paintwork after the engine is done, i took the car to my local paint suppliers so they could do a colour match on the paint for the wings but as you will prob know, so many differant things can affect what shade they actually come out at in the end, will get it in later on in the year and get it blended and sorted, realy need a new front bumper too as that one is getting a little shabby now.

19. ashleyr1984 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lookin really cool keep up the good work :Smile:

20. swan01 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

likin the look m8