Engine & Gearbox My b16a constantly reving at 2k

Discussion in 'Honda B-Series' started by honda-lad, Saturday 19th Dec, 2009.

1. honda-lad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Right am i right to think the maybe the thermostat going into the throttle body. If so where can i get one from..?? Or has anyone got one knocking around..??

Any help would be essential.

Cheers ja

2. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

do you mean the sensor in the TB? the one in my turbo SW20 was playing up the other day, i took it out cleaned it with some carb cleaner, put it back in and its working fine now!

3. honda-lad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Im not sure its a sensor tbf i havent taken it out yet. Im sure its a valve what tells when the car is either hot or cold but its stuck open. Im not no mechanic but i no the basics. I just need some advice really as im not affraid of having ago :Smile:

4. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ah right, well i had a similar issue with one of my cars idling at 2K, i took the Throtle position sensor out and cleaned it and it resolved the issue.

I have never heard of a thermostat in the TB before?

5. honda-lad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well i will go grab some carb cleaner tomorrow and give it a try. :Smile:

6. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

worth a shot mate! I am sure someone will come along with a much firmer answer

7. omp Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Take your IACV off and clean it with carb cleaner. If this doesnt solve it look at your TPS and check the voltage across it at idle and at WOT (just with ignition on not with the car started)

8. Vti Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had this prob on my EG and it was the mechanical water temp idle control valve its just under the throttle intake take it off and theres a plate on 1 end. Take that off and theres a plunger that screws in and out screw all the way in then out a couple of times and bolt it all back 2gether and it should b fine if not wind out or in until its right