Daily Driver Moon mileage CL9

7th Generation (2003-2008) vehicle added by mw88, Monday 7th Jan, 2019

1. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

2. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got to love Euro Car Parts.. Not surprised they're struggling though! 55% off and delivered free within an hour of ordering!

Depending on the weather this weekend, time for front pads - Current mileage 273k (Front padslast done 262k)
    IMG_0773.JPG

honda_saj and DrSam like this.
  3. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    I don't think ECP are in any financial trouble, I think they've had some management issues, that's my understanding anyway.

honda_saj and mw88 like this.
  4. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ah! That's good then! I'd read something about expected job losses so thought they were having some financial problems.

Never got round to doing the pads, didn't fancy changing pads outside in 1 degree temperatures. Will see if it's any warmer this weekend

5. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nearly a full house of warning lights this morning. Just need the airbag and oil lights :Laughing:

Was absolutely pissing down on the way to work this morning, so hoping something got a bit wet and should be fine once dried out!

EML is P0420 which comes and goes every few months. Not looking forward to drilling out the ABS Sensor if it doesn't clear in a few days.

IMG_0833.JPG

6. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

Did they all come on together?

7. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The EMLs been on for a day or so, but will usually go off in a couple of days and then stays off for a month or so - Guessing new cat will be needed at some point.

All the ABS/VSA lights came on the same time - Don't think I was on the brakes at the time, but the VSA & /!\ have come on a few times the last few months when on the brakes but it's cleared when the car is turned off/on.

Will try reading/clearing the ABS/VSA codes if they don't go off on their own.

8. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

On these at worst it's a knackered ABS sensor, unlike the diesels where it can be faulty ABS unit.

Clear/reset it first and take it from there mate.

mw88 likes this.
  9. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Monitor your battery and alternator. Low voltage can trigger this too.
    I had the ABS lights come on, on my Accord and FR-V. On the FR-V it came on and stayed on, found it to be a dirty sensor, quick clean did the job.
    On the Accord it came on before the car died, the alternator was not charging the battery.

10. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

That's why I asked if all the lights came on together as that would have indicated a voltage issue.

DrSam likes this.
  11. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nearly 100 miles later, looking a little less orange!
    6908930A-6F55-415F-862E-8C40533687AA.

12. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

On Friday, after another 200ish miles, everything looking good again! :excited:
    IMG_0842.JPG

DrSam likes this.
  13. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

:party:

14. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well, after 277,000 miles it's f**** :Sobbing:

The quiet noise that's been there a while was bottom end (Was confirmed by a garage a few months ago) has finally become terminal. .

15. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

Oh no!

Sorry to hear that!

You gunna get another motor dropped in her?

16. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not too sure on the plan yet - Seems like there's aren't many of these generation Type-S available. Most are the later 2.0 not the 2.4. There's a couple 2.4s on Autotrader at more reasonable mileages, but I will most likely be hitting issues I've already fixed on mine.

Will have a chat with the guys at Honda HQ in Cannock at some point - From what I've seen they can swap engines in EP3 Civics in a few hours :Laughing:

In the short term I've got my sensible hat on and managed to get a Diesel Volvo S60.

17. mw88 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's looking like it's going to be a sad ending for the CL9.

Been driving a diesel Volvo S60 for the last few months, but it's been doing my head in so had to do something.

Was looking for another Honda, maybe a Civic Type-R. But a 2010 Focus ST, with the Mountune 260bhp remap, came up cheap enough in Dudley.

IMG_1110.JPG
    IMG_1108.JPG

18. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

You couldn't pay me to ever trust another Ford again.