Electrical & Lights Moisture inside lights

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by mcgowanp, Saturday 20th Apr, 2019.

1. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

20190420_095520. Sold my accord and have defected to team CR-V. it's a 2016 I.6 I-DTEC ex model. All in all quite impressed but have a couple of things I need to check.
    I have some moisture in the headlight ..towards the wing corner of the light. Car was at the dealership a number of months so was prob sitting up a bit..not sure if that would be relevant. Car has only 24k miles and is immaculate.. no signs of damage . I don't fancy replacing them and am waiting to hear back from the garage.

2nd one is underneath the wheel arches.. they don't look like what I'm used to from driving Accords . No longer on the inside... with some exposed holes .. I was wondering was the liner missing? Or maybe that's normal.

Will upload some pictures also 20190419_083651.

Attached Files:

2. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Nice and clean under there! In answer to your question, my 2016 CR-V has wheel arch liners all round with the rears having the spray reducing liners.

Mine is now a few months short of 3 years old and has no condensation in any in any of the lights. It is not garaged.

Keith

3. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Keith. So are you saying your liners cover the whole insides of the front wheel arches..I have liners on the outer sides but not on the inner wall. I was surprised not all the opening were closed either. I will have to park beside one and compare notes! I removed the moisture during the day ..removing the headlight build/ hairdryer job. When the temp dropped this even it did the same thing... is there vents on these lights... maybe they are blocked .. also wondering if they were cleaning the bay could have moisture have regressed in ? Getting some silica gel also ..might replace the bulb/seals also.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Another shot of the open holes not plugged with no liner.

Attached Files:

honda_saj likes this.
  4. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Yes, the liners cover the whole inside of the arches back and front. I can't help with the headlights I'm afraid.

5. Hatter Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Read on another forum that it is a known issue, so if still in warranty visit dealer.

6. Denny New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Den Swansea
    I have this problem :Frown: I bought the car from local Honda dealer in Oct 2017 - it will be three years old in July so am assuming I can take it back to them under the three year warranty (only done 18K) ? TIA

7. Sandy52 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
  8. Denny New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Den Swansea
  9. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think I'm over 3 years in mid March. I wonder would they fo something if it's a known issue..might try a few things without pulling it out. Does anyone know where the
    vents are on the lights...also anyone any images under the arches to see what is missing if anything.thanks for your help all.

10. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Found these for a brake guide on here.Its a 2015..older front . This is similar in that it's not cover on the inside

Attached Files:

11. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

honda_saj likes this.