Mods being dicks.

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Gunter, Wednesday 11th Nov, 2009.

1. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

just with reference to the what engine thread closed by EG greeny, i was just gonna say "actually i don't mind noobs, its "senior members" who should know better but are still ignorant that bugs me" because who realyl cares if someone starts a thread to ask about engines, we know nothing big is gonna come of it i.e. it might be a b16a swap at a push but probably just be a z6 upgrade, k20 is very unlikely.

my point being that locking every thread you don't like makes for a hostile site. im getting sick of it

2. Edd Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

*waits for the padlock*

Don't upset them Jon! Fj33r teh modz

3. dozzy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah, leave the noobs to clog up the site with shit questions that have already been asked 5,594 times..

4. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

read the reasons before bitching! the member involved has been spoken to

thank you dozzy!!!

5. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the thing is that all the info is at hand and is not hard to find that is the reason for the search button... good on EG-greeny

6. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i read and understand the reasons, i was posting in the same thread as you. and EG please try the search button. its not too helpful

7. Spencer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

All i wanted to know was what engine i can put in a EG coupe. Me and EG-greeny are discussing this at the moment!

8. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats all well and good but the mods seem to talk down to everyone on here, it was more of a general statement rather than being aimed at your thread in particular.

9. large_steve182 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

although i agree with your point,

you forgot the bobby basic rule of "don't piss of the moderator"

you may no like him, he may be a cunt etc etc, but hes the mod so he can do whatever he pleases,

but when an admin comes along............

10. seanyreeves Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i agree with both here. like dozzy says yh its easy to find places, but i hit back with a reply to the guys thread first and i can say i dnt mind spending 5 minutes writing a reply. if ouy don't want to help jus ignore the thread.

11. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i do use the search button is not perfect but it does the job... i do practice what i preach... and EG-greeny has deleted one of my threads for no particular reason other than there was no intrest but he aslo helped me via PM as im sure he is doing with spencer now.... its not that bad

12. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats not true what so ever! this is the 2nd thread I've closed since being made mod, i didnt even delete the thread, i gave good reason for closing it!

as for EG-please's thread, i pm'd him, i explained my reasons, we had a chat and hopefully helped

as said to spencer, the thread was closed due to the fact that he didnt research, quite clearly stated that he couldn't be arsed to research either!

if he had made a thread saying "I've looked at a few engine choices, im stuck between xengine and x engine" then i would have helped and gave imput!

how can people help you if you won't help yourself!

13. EGplease Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i wasnt saying you didnt have a reason i stated that it was cuz there was no intrest in it and no point really... sorry if i worded it bad but i was making the point of after you closed it you gave me advise...

14. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thats true EG greeny, very true. But that leaves a "noob" searching for a honda engine. bit of a dead end, what if they don't know what a b16 is or what is practical and what unpractical or unrealiable, they won't have 2 or 3 to compare to eachother so won't know where to start looking.

15. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

nah i know, wasnt having a go lol

i appreciate it mate!!

im doing the job i was given here, and im doing it properly and correctly

16. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

gunter, i explained this to spencer, all he had to do for 5 mins was to read through a few build ups, read some tech articles, that would then give him 10times more knowlege, 100s of engine choices and some idea of what they can/can't do and what the pro's and cons of each are

17. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

18. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mint arguement that, if your going to start on me, and have a moan atleast have something constructive to say!

obviously my reasons are/were good enough if thats all you can say

19. Spencer Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

For the record i have no idea what engine i have in mine now! I guess D15?? Just wanted a easy swap!

20. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the code is by the g/box on the block