MeisterR on TV!

Discussion in 'MeisterR' started by MeisterR, Thursday 12th Nov, 2009.

1. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

Some of you may have heard about it, and some of you may not... the new MTV series (on VIVA) call SLIPS.

MeisterR sponsored a Civic on the show to test out the Zeta-R coilovers and the 286mm BigDisk Brakes.

You can watch the episode here: http://uk.viva.tv/shows/slips/episodes/episode-102

While the show is "lacking", it does have some good footage of a standard EG5 (SOHC D16) in action.

The Chassis Uprade are:

MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers

MeisterR 286mm BigDisk Brake Upgrade

MeisterR_Civic_Slips.

MeisterR_CivicBrakes.

This Civic should be the fastest car in Season1 with the track record of 1:05.40

I am proud of this little Civic, it done really well. :cool:

MeisterR_Civic.

You can see how much traction and how little body roll this car has considering this is a stock EG5 with MeisterR Coilovers Only.

You can also see in the video how smooth the weight transfer from one side of the car to the other side during the exit of the corners.

Overall, I am happy with the car's performance.

Even though the show isn't very good, it was just fun to get involved.

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 13th Nov, 2009
  2. JDM_EJ9 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i watched it the other nite. gotta be the cheesiest program I've ever seen lol

3. Ash-310 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well done on getting you goods on tv man!! moving up in the world :Wink:

4. Mabs Kadir Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

this is the most cheeesiest program in the world

5. Bon Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There was nothing to show that they used your products on that car... :Frown:

6. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

I know, it is nothing to be proud of. :Grin:

But hey, it was all for a bit of fun... and it was good watching the Civic beating the other car by a huge margin...

But yes... this show does give "budget" a whole new meaning!

Yep... I am VERY DISAPPOINTED about that really.

I was expecting at least when you say you are installing MeisterR COILOVERS on the car, you actually show pictures of the MeisterR COILOVERS!

Ofcom have broadcasting code (section 8 & 9) that said they are NOT allow to "product placement" on the show.

So that is why you have to wear plain T-shirt, and there are no "logos" on the car.

They are not even allow to say "MeisterR" on the show as that will still be consider "product placement".

They will have a website up in the future (Maybe that will actually be better than the show), so we'll see how that goes.

I did this as a bit of fun and exercise, so I wasn't expecting much out of it to be totally honest.

7. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

how do they get around saying what the make and models of the cars are? surely thats product placement too?

8. James Rowe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yo dude looks good. I'm the one you met with the Jordan last Saturday at endless :Wink: . I'm going to be buying some of your 286s after xmas, think it will make a good upgrade to her :Wink: .

9. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can only see part 1 from that link, PLease can somone post the link to part 2?

10. willisek4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good stuff matey! I thought they were MeisterR brake upgrades when i saw them.

It is unfortunate that Slips isn't really living up to many peoples expectations though.

11. Chesh Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looked good through the corners

that could be a really good program if it had a different presenter

12. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How do I view part 2 of that Vid??!?!?!?! I can only view part one so can't actually see the track part

13. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The EG did well actually - but that was to be expected given its modifications. The Max Power guys could have chosen a much better car to use, Golf GTis are pretty shit really.

The coilovers did look good and I think enough people on this forum know you provided the parts.

14. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

Something about it have to have "Editorial Value", and it is up to Ofcom to decide if a complain is filed.

After that, they will hold the broadcaster responsible, but it is up to them to decide.

So say ITV are reviewing a Sony TV and you say on the program "Sony" TV, then it is fine.

But if someone complains to Ofcom and Ofcom agrees that saying "Sony" TV is not needed as it have no "Editorial Value", then they will fine ITV for it.

Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it? :Angry:

Cool, I will go down to Endless as Dom want to see if we can somehow get the 286mm disk to fit his car.

There should be a link for Part 2 on the right hand side when watching the Part 1 video. :Smile:

15. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nope, Can somone post the link please

16. Shaggy EK4 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

dude there should be a little icon on the right I've just watched it Lol Civic kills it :Tongue:

17. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You can't watch part 2 in firefox, open it up in IE and it lets you click the icon to watch it.

18. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I run Ubuntu, No ie.... Ill use another manchine cheers

19. daz-civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

or just watch it on viva they repeat programs several times a week

20. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its ok i watched it on my window 7 pc, Wasnt really worth the wait, Sum it up in one word. STILTON