MB6 Anti Roll Bar onto MB3?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by CIJ84, Saturday 2nd Feb, 2013.

1. CIJ84 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Afternoon people, quick question.

Can the MB6 ARB be fitted to an MB3? If so what modifications have to be made? It does not look that straight forward?!

Cheers

2. harVTEC Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It can, and it's easy, just make sure you get everything. Roll bar, L brackets and drop links. However, don't waste your time, go for the best upgrade, the MG ZS 180 ARB. You are talking about the rear one yes? I have a mint MG one that I will sell for the right price, they are getting hard to find.

Harv

3. CIJ84 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You sure mate as there's no mounting places for the brackets to fit to? Also I already bought the mg bar haha. Cheers anyway for the offer

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 2nd Feb, 2013
  4. harVTEC Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Look underneath, you'll see two bolt holes either side of the chassis, they will need cleaning out with a tap though. I fitted the MG one to my MB3 last year.

Harv

5. CIJ84 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guess what I don't have tho.... The f'in brackets! Dohhhh!!

6. Mb6-VTIs Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

go for the mg zs anti roll bar... best mod on my mb6!!! the drop links on mb6 are poor will start rattling and do your head in!!! so go for the mg if you can

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 3rd Feb, 2013
  7. EmZvr Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just to add to the discussion - The MB6 strut beneath the ARB doesn't fit MB3. For the ARB there is no problem.

8. CIJ84 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can someone post up a pic?? 

Also does anyone have any brackets handy that i can have/buy?? 

Im not sure what you mean EmZer?

9. EmZvr Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Here's a picture of the MG ZS ARB with everything needed for install and some photos of how it is fitted in my MB3. And what I meant is that the bar at the top on the picture doesn't fit MB3/2/1

P1130616.

P1130637-1.

DSC00051.

Matt at H-Tune likes this.
  10. kalvtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi
    Im in the process to do the same to my mb2 sport...I've got all the parts just wondering if you had to tap the holes in the lca's too or just chassis holes for the bracket holes?
    Is this something easy i can do myself or take to the garage?
    Also i did have a look at the chassis holes and can deffo see some threads up there but the bolts don't screw in
    Appreciate some help please...

Sorry if any mod can delete above user....havent been on here a while and couldn't figure out my password and ended up making another account thinking it might have deleted but then somehow it logged in as normal lol
    Apologies...

11. kalvtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Where is everyone these days lol
    :-(

12. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm not sure @kalvtec :Search:

Not worked on MB3s myself. Sounds like you just need to run a tap through to clear the threads in those holes??

@Matt at H-Tune knows his older cars.

13. Matt at H-Tune Service Team H-Tune Staff

Oh god... now you're asking.

Tapping the hole should be fine, failing that a captive nut on the other side and just bolt through the chassis. Would probably advise a spread washer for that.

With regard to the rest of it, I've got a ZS180 rear ARB for mine, still not fitted the bugger so I can't really advise yet.

The front one can be fitted with the right D bushes, but you'll have to drop the front subframe, which is...fun.

14. kalvtec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks for the info speedy..
    Matt, I've got most of the parts ready to go on just need few more bits done to complete the zs front/rear ARB upgrade although my rear is from a zs 120 so 18mm but im not bothered if its good enough for the 120 which truly did handle amazing it will be good for the Civic...

I've got so far:
    Rear zs ARB powdercoated red
    L brackets/bush clamps
    New rear bushes
    All new bolts from rimmers
    New front bushes and bolts...
    Just waiting for the front ARB to get powdercoated so i can order the front and ARB links to complete the set..
    Will try to get the holes tapped by a garage soon cos i don't have a tap and then i can actually fit the parts myself I've got the hang of it..
    Thanks

IMG-20190403-WA0023.

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 11th Apr, 2019
    Matt at H-Tune likes this.