mate got clamped, and ripped off, what can he do?

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by tombowman12, Thursday 19th Nov, 2009.

1. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

just been speaking to an ex workmate who has only been driving for a few weeks!

he said he was parked in a car park in exeter, got back to his car on the time displayed on the ticket, to see a guy in the process of clamping his car!

as he asked why he was getting clamped the guy locked the chain, and went to get into his van.

my mate had to ask for the number to get the fucker off, and the van was a new fiesta van with no sign writing!

basically, is this a cowboy clamper ripping my mate off, as he had to pay

2. boro_andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Get hold of whoever owns the site, chances are they have a camera.

Produce said ticket and wait and see. May also be worth speaking to the old bill.

Probably won't get your money back though

3. vtec flex Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

he shouldn't have paid him maaan!

4. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i know mate! i wouldn't of! but he's only been driving a maximum of 3 weeks! so he doesn't know what to do, he's inexperienced! bless him!

plus, his punto is ON IT'S ASS, the clamp was touching his wing.

5. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Once payment is made, it is a case of done and dusted?

At the time of clamping was the ticket valid and displayed properly? Were you provided with a receipt?

Might be an idea to get in touch with the local council if you suspect rogue clampers are operating illegally. Or get in touch with Anne Robinson and Team Watchdog!!

6. faslm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

you can cut that shit off.....my uncle did it once..next time if its not the council or police, then cut that bitch open. These people are out to make money

7. Shib786 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

x2

Exact same thing happened to me in a public car park. guy clamped me and just didnt even tell me who to ring apart from pay up, so i says forget it ill leave the car here, came by later and chopped it off and never heard nothing since:Smile:

8. tbukhtaw Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

^x2 get an angle grinder, grind the chain, drive your car, list the clamp on ebay!! people who hav private land buy them, turn your loss into a gain!

9. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

good advice for if it happens again, but we need advice on p[ossibly getting money back or at least stopping these cunts from ripping off more unsuspected drivers!

councils only charge about

10. vtec flex Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

go to the police dude

11. faslm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

12. faslm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/pdf2html.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eadviceguide%2Eorg%2Euk%2Ft%5Fwheel%2Dclamping%5Fon%5Fprivate%5Fland%2Epdf&images=no

13. madvtecyo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

hang around in that car park, wait for the cunt to come back and try to clamp someone else, hit him in the face with your fist, nick his wallet.

14. Switch Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would've got his plate and called 999.

15. pickles2010 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

i would of cut off my self and took with me!!! fuck them

16. Zoaib Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

should never have paid. its not too hard to take off a clamp.

if your good at your chemistry, a little thermite, burning at 1000 odd degrees wil melt the padlock right off, in about 10seconds

but i agree, should have nokd his lights out and stuck him in the back of a van, just like in lock stock.

17. WIlkesyMB6 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Get a clamp and wait until he comes back and then clamp him lol. Would just be funny if not anything else lol

18. ciderman4 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If this guy is legit and been employed by the land owner to clamp people, then any bright spark who removes the clamp illegally would be arrested and charged with criminal damage.

The land owner can employ whoever they want to and charge what they want as long as there are signs to warn motorists that clampers are in operation and the respective charge for clamp removal.

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 20th Nov, 2009
  19. clive Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Id cut it off anyway, just say when i came back there wasnt even a clamp on there so i didnt know any different

20. Civboy@JSP Commercial Services Trader

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8317867.stm

i heard on the news about this too

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1229406/Victory-Mail-campaign-Cowboy-clampers-face-years-jail.html

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 20th Nov, 2009