Man tries to escape my road...

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by karl2k86, Thursday 24th Dec, 2009.

1. karl2k86 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I couldn't get out of where I live yesterday, so pretty much spent the whole day just sat around the house, bored. I live in Devon, so it wasn't exciting snow, its just a bloody sheet of ICE on the road (and all the grit bins are empty - great) My neighbour tried to escape this morning, he didn't get very far...

Picture-3.

2. morris Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I've not ventured out of the house in my car either, it's not worth the risk. Fortunatley I'm still able to walk to the pub where I've spent most of the past week.

That street of yours look like a feckin ICE rink.

3. Bong Guest

Sorry to say this but, legs, main road, bus

4. Al Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had a driving lesson yesturday, pulled in to my works carpark to end the lesson and had 3 of my collegues shouting at me that it was icy. I was like whoa ok chill out! ... Untill I tried to turn into a parking space and just slid diagonally haha

Turns out my manager and 2 other sets of customers had crashed their cars earlier on trying to enter the carpark :Angry:

Salt was quickly deployed and it ICE buggered off thank god!

Alex

5. karl2k86 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The roads here are awful, they are literally just ICE. I didn't run the risk yesterday of going to work, my neighbour thought he'd give it a go this morning, fail. To top it off, all the grit has gone, so theres no chance of getting anywhere!

6. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i'm in the same boat as you mate! where abouts in devon are you?

ICE is a bitch! my cars stuck, im waitning for it to thaw so i can get to work!

7. karl2k86 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

towbowman12 - I'm just over the hill from you, pass your car most mornings :Tongue:

8. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ahhh, thought it looked familiar! go to my steam room thread and back me up about how bad it is!! lol

what time do you leave most mornings? i'm normally gone at 7!!

9. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats just a lack of ambition.

I bet you could do it if you really tried.

10. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've had no snow or ICE here in Torquay, whereabouts in Devon are you?

11. Loony Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Typical BMW driver...got too cocky and crashed

12. jacko123 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

alot of the customers at work are based your way & there all struggling big time, sheet of ICE but no snow

13. James Rowe Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My road since thursday last week has had compacted snow with ICE on top. Its epic!!!

14. tombowman12 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Captain - we live in ogwell, just up from newton abbot! I've just managed to shift my car! Now over in dartmouth! They've had fuck all here either!

15. ozz9955 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd never experienced black ICE before until yesterday! It was mad, turning from a dry road, onto a road where I could get zero traction! I thought I'd snapped my driveshafts or something, as I was just going nowhere all of a sudden, lol! I had to slid into the bank at the side of the road to stop! Funnily enough there was a car on it's roof in the middle of the road about 100m down - crazy shit! 8 accidents I counted that day!

16. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol must be our proximity to the sea

17. jonndogg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

18. Gary. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

19. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    AHahaha!

20. K Vee Gee Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I would never have jumped out of the car like that.