locked my keys in the Civic

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by kaptain, Saturday 7th Nov, 2009.

1. kaptain Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi guys im trying not to resort to a brick but i locked my keys in the car is there any way to get in without a key? thanks

2. civicturbo79 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

What model Civic is it .

Take a picture of were your bottom is that shows you weather the car is locked or unlocked. Rich.

3. kaptain Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

it is an EG lsi. what do i need a picture of thanks

4. civicturbo79 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just so i could see were the button was . is it on the interior handle.

5. kaptain Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yes it is thanks

6. chelt_scene Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't all hondas have the red master key? use that?

7. Sandy. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not if you don't have it!

8. civicturbo79 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Get a wire coat hanger and make it straight with a 90 degree bend at one end , ( only needs to be 0.5" to 1 " long ) pull the top of the door frame open till you have a gap to get the wire in between the seal and the door frame 90 degree bend going in first, work the wire down to the button hock it with the bend and pull the door will unlock . You may have to put a curve in the wire but that willl do the job . Rich.

9. Sandy. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Seen that done before by an ex policeman, when my brothers other half locked her keys in the car.

10. IntermaN Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Should that be posted on a public forum where anyone can see it? Wouldn't a PM be better?

11. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its pretty much common sense dude^

12. madvtecyo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

people who wanna nick cars know how to do it i very much doubt they hang around on civiclife waiting for a post like that

13. Pedram Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

AA and RAC....

14. aji621 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Adam Colchester
    fucking LOL

i just think of peter griffin locking the keys out side the car sorry haha

15. Pearse Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

lmaooo its fucking quality!

16. Pacman SiR2 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

lol i did this few weeks ago, took us hours to get in.

we forced the window down about half inch and did the trick with wire that someones already said. its much easyer to do the door on the other side to what you are as you can see what your doing and all you need to do is have a long straight rod with a slight huck on the end and you get it into the ridge where the inner door handle pull is and lock latche and pull/slide the rod to the right (in my case as i was getting in through the passengers window) and it forces the latch. dead easy.

best thing to use is bamboo stick, can get it from BnQ and also you can use box plastic strapping in a way similar to what someone else said about forcing the door open a bit. but that way is more hit and miss as you can't see what your doing trying to huck the door you are lent against.

17. stug45 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

mine is super stiff, i challenge anyone to actually be able to do mine. had to lube it so i could do it with my hand. even the round end of a combination spanner in there and the lever wouldn't move it at the time!

18. Shadowdemon88 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

try a 30 cm rule down the seal of the window in line with where the key hole is. if u hit the right spot the door will unlock and theres no need to bend door frames. easier if u can get the outer seal off but not sure u can on Civics

19. JDMJut Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Behave, anyone with a quarter of a brain and the inclination to steal things knows how to bend a door.