Lil help?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by Ross., Sunday 3rd Jan, 2010.

1. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Wits crackin homeys! I was attempting to EK9 my headlights today and all was well and good. Removed my bumper, unscrewed some nuts and bolts and got the side light and main beam lights out of the headlights. Now my drivers side headlight is connected to something that i snapped :lol: oh well. Heres a pic:

SDC10179.

What will i do from here to remove my headlight? And another thing, i got 2 of the 3 cables/lights/bulbs out of the headlights but i can still see this black box: Now im not wanting to arse around with it and possibly brake something so where will i go from here? Twist the grey box?

SDC10177.

And yes, ma car is really rusty :Tongue: Cheers for any help :Smile: !

2. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you might need new lights....you've snapped a mounting bracket by the looks of it, and insecure lights are an MOT fail....

as for the black box...its the electronic headlamp adjustment....the grey plug should pop off easily....if not....carefully prise the clips with a small flatblade screwdriver :Smile:

3. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ahh shit. Ok cheers for that man. Its gonne get the exhaust, wheels + tyres and possibly the rear lip fitted soon so i'll have the mechanic to look over it when he does it. I should have it done tommorow... I've managed to get the headlights out before but not when am semi hungover, tired and freezin. So a can't really remember it. If i don't use the oven to heat the glue in the headlight will a hair dryer work?

4. donzo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Guess how much it is for EK9 headlights :Wink:

5. Andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You've broken it off where it bolts to near the wing :lol:

They're bolted on pretty much every side, should pull straight out once undone though. Same with the plug... although IIRC it's got a tag type thing that you squeeze before pulling it out :Smile:

Yeah they're like

6. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm gonna as how much donnie, cos im hoping your gonna say

7. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I lol'd a little at this then rememberd how annoyin it was to get the bumper of the EJ to change the sidelight bulb. Mind you, that's one of the most annoying ones to have snapped i reckon...still at least you weren't doing it in the dark with just a phone for a light.

guessin if you're gonna heat film of any sorts, it might peel at the edges seeing as you're heating up the adhesive on that too?

8. kowalski Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

james scotland
    That's fucked mate.

HTH

9. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ah fuck it who wants to buy an ej9?

10. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That attitude never got anyone anywhere! Man up!! XD

11. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A was jokin lol. All get it fixed tommorow. Just been abit lackadaisical today!

12. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

still...XD

Good lad. Some superglue and blutak will sort you out nicely, i'll post you some if you want. XD

13. donzo Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

be grateful its a prefacelift at least.

14. Smiley Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

what you need is a haynes manual. And to put your dads crow bar back in his tool box.

15. haggis Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you did WHAT?

are you aff yer nut? :lol:

Ross, prefacelift lights are 10 a penny, you'll get some at a scrappies nae bother :Smile:

16. 1964 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

nahh, just that i had to sort out my front lip so took it off while i was there and the driver side one is a bitch to get to if the lights still bolted in.

17. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have a haynes manual, not a dad though LOL.

Right cheers haggis, am gonna need to get to a scrappies soon. Gonna need a set of new headlights cos my N/S one is aw yellow! And the O/S one is fucked obviously. And im gonna get doors with electric windows. Car should be going into get painted at the end of the month, so that'll get sorted then! Might go tommorow. Anyone know of a good scrap yard in Stirling area? One in alloa, might go over there.

18. Gav_ek4 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

if you need light pm me mate, iv got a set already ek9d but the lenses would need swapped over as the ones i have are really scratched but all mounts are mint

cheap cheap

19. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How much? I could just sand the lenses down past the scratches. Would you come over with them? Any cracks?

20. Ross. Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I just went down and practically looked at the fuckers and they came out. Time to get in the oven :Smile: !