Wanted Latest DVD for Honda accord 2011 EX

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by Tim Martin, Saturday 12th Jan, 2019.

1. Tim Martin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tim Hertfordshire
    I want to update my sat nav to the latest disk possible in my 2011 car.

If any original disks are for sale at a reasonable price, I would be interested

Thanks

Tim

2. Sandy52 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    I got my Honda DVD discs from ebay and not had any bother. I think the disc was for 2016-17.

3. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

If you're looking for the V3 map discs, I bought mine here...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-LATE...514700?hash=item5d81418a8c:g:jvkAAOSwpspbittV

Now whilst they are cheap... I was worried that they were a cheap knock off copy... However after inspecting the disc that arrived, I cannot find anything to make me suspect it's not genuine. The writing matches my original 2007 disc, I can see no errors and faults with the printed side and the written side does not show any of the expected marks from writing.

Looks like prices have dropped too, I paid £23 for mine... Seller claims they are OEM, and I cannot find any reason to counter that claim... Mine has been running in my satnav for almost 6 months now.

4. Tim Martin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks
    I have placed an order.
    Is there a special process for updating from my current 2011 dvd or do I simply put the new disc into the dvd drive in the boot and turn on the car ?

Thanks for your help
    Tim

5. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

Just pop the disc out and put the new one in, turn the ignition on but don't start it... wait for the satnav to update and reboot before starting the car... If you interrupt the flashing process it'll bork your unit.

6. Tim Martin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok, thanks for the advice
    Much appreciated
    I’ll let you know how I get on with it once it has arrived

Regards
    Tim

7. Tim Martin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The disc arrive and updated without issue
    Seems to work fine so far so really happy!
    The reflective surface of the new disk is a slightly different colour , the old disc had a gold tint whereas this one is silver, but the disc seems to read fine

I also noticed that the mapping is produced by a different company “here” rather than “navteq” but looks fine on the screen and some more poi’s have appeared than I had before

Thanks for recommending and Best regards
    Tim

8. Nels Club Moderator Club Staff

They took over a few years ago.

9. Heckler Club Moderator Club Staff

That could explain why we've still got new maps coming out 12yrs after they started with the V3 systems, and also why they're a lot cheaper now... Long may it continue... if they release 2019 maps, I may update again at those prices.