Kickboxing FAIL!!!

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by PonnyJ, Sunday 29th Nov, 2009.

1. PonnyJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

got into kickboxing recently with a couple of mates, been going for about a month now and last session managed to tear a ligament in my shoulder :doh:

now been off work with this since tues, doc said i can't drive and probably gonna need physio :Frown: got a month off at xmas aswell which i was gonna spend sorting my Civic, looks like thats gonna be on hold a bit

and it puts me out of kickboxing for a couple of months which might be a good thing so i don't do myself any further injuries

2. PonnyJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

got into kickboxing recently with a couple of mates, been going for about a month now and last session managed to tear a ligament in my shoulder :doh:

now been off work with this since tues, doc said i can't drive and probably gonna need physio :Frown: got a month off at xmas aswell which i was gonna spend sorting my Civic, looks like thats gonna be on hold a bit

and it puts me out of kickboxing for a couple of months which might be a good thing so i don't do myself any further injuries

3. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol

Bad luck mate, oh well at least you get to be lazy and stuff.

4. Vince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol

Bad luck mate, oh well at least you get to be lazy and stuff.

5. PonnyJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

haha, its doin my head in now, right arm i've nakered and im literally doped up all the time otherwise it's agony, at least it gives me some time to stock up on parts so i can hit the Civic propperly when all's good

6. PonnyJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

haha, its doin my head in now, right arm i've nakered and im literally doped up all the time otherwise it's agony, at least it gives me some time to stock up on parts so i can hit the Civic propperly when all's good

7. Zani Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've been doing MMA for a few months now... How did you managed to tear a ligament?! I have only come away with a few minor cuts and bruises!

8. Zani Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've been doing MMA for a few months now... How did you managed to tear a ligament?! I have only come away with a few minor cuts and bruises!

9. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I used to kickbox and loved it, did it for years but torn my cruciate ligament and cartlige in my knee, I had to quit cause of that injury n it was gutting, so I now do normal boxing n it's loads better but hurts more! Just keep at physio and get better and learn a decent fighting after lol

10. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I used to kickbox and loved it, did it for years but torn my cruciate ligament and cartlige in my knee, I had to quit cause of that injury n it was gutting, so I now do normal boxing n it's loads better but hurts more! Just keep at physio and get better and learn a decent fighting after lol

11. PonnyJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

we do quite a bit of takedowns and submission moves and something just went wrong, the fact that the lad i was sparring with is 16st and im 10.5st didnt help haha

12. stujotham Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol i been doing mma/kickboxing/boxing for quite a few years now and also teach and we see quite a few imjuries as you can imagine. Just try to keep up some form of exercise if you can mate

13. SaintGrimm Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl5SaNBjLhg

Is that what you did? :Tongue:

Gutted on injuries but they happen, you simply have to wait and heal. If you're doing gradings prepare for them, nothing too strenuous :Smile: