Key Fob (remote locking)

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by Reflekt, Tuesday 29th Dec, 2009.

1. Reflekt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

after taking off my rear view mirror, noticed the black half ball cover located next to the mirror was all wired up.

i havent got a key fob for my car, wondering what type is it? Infered or wireless?

how much will it be to get one? I've read you can reprogramme a wireless one.

my car does have central locking

2. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes you can programe them but i don't know what type of fob you will need, best bet is to get one from Honda. I did this to my 106 GTi, i picked up a fob from pug for

3. Reflekt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ek3 1.5ls VTEC

theres nots on how to do it, just a pain as it rains all the time you get wet tryin to find the key lock as i live out in the sticks theres no lights lol

you want me to get the number off the sensor?

4. andygoole Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

You could do worse than head over to hawk alarms and get a

HAWK UNIVERSAL REMOTE UPGRADE SYSTEM and 2 WIRE CENTRAL LOCKING SLAVE MOTOR /SOLENOID

Total cost

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 1st Jan, 2010
  5. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

well, for my old GTi it cost me

6. Reflekt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

right, i got central locking. but to get remote locking i need?

what shall i get? and from where from?

I've looked at the Hawk, why would i need the motor and solenoid?

7. andygoole Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Your motor is already in place, when you turn the key it will push/pull a rod that connects to the motor on the passenger door. what you will be doing is using the solonoid to push/pull that rod which will open/lock both doors. The solonoid is connected to the remote upgrade kit

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 31st Dec, 2009
  8. Reflekt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

right ok, i'll get that from the links above. give ya a shout for tips dude

9. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

my centeral locing kit turned up this morning and its the wiring diagram i got is utter shit!

Now I have been told that you can wire it in at the fusebox but i am not 100% if you can do this on our model Civic.

So i have got a soleoid which i will wire into the unit and hopefully this will sort things out.

Fingers crossed i will have the kit all hooked up over the next week and i can let you know what goes where :Smile:

10. andygoole Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The positives (3 Red, Yellow and Yellow/Black) i connected to the ignition barrel to the always live positive starter motor joint, just solder a wire to the barrel then join your 3 wires using a crimping tool

The earths (Black, Orange and Orange/Black) went to the ground nut in the drivers footwell (right side panel)

Pop out the hazard switch and wire the brown lights wires to green/red and green/yellow.

For the solonoid use the single point locking diagram © below. This will push/pull the metal rod that operates both locks

singlepointlocking.

You won't need to disturb any wiring inside the door.

Hope this helps you

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 31st Dec, 2009
  11. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've wired my system in and i know for a fact its working, my hazard lights flash and my siren chirps and the let will flash as if the car is locked

i have 6 wires left and idont know what goes where, i have 4 solenoid in the garage and i have two types, one has two wires and one has 3, what one should i be using?

12. andygoole Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Assuming your driver side already unlocks the passenger side with the key, you only need the 2 wire one to push/pull the rod in the drivers side door. My previous post shows how to wire the six wires. Im guessing you got a full kit thats is why you have all the extra solonoids you could sell these on fleabay for

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 1st Jan, 2010
  13. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

thats what i thought but i am not having much luck.

The kit i got contained no solenoids, the solenoids i have are ones i just had lying around, i looked at that post you made but i don't know what wires go where as none are labled.

i conected two wires into the solenoid and got nothing

14. andygoole Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is the diagrams i got in my set

HawkLock1.

singlepointlocking.

15. Dr Motel Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ah thanks for that mate! It looks to be almost xactly the same as mine. i had one labled as trunk which i assume is a boot poper and another labled starter kill. I didnt wire the starter kill in but is this to go into the ignition live?

So iam going to need a 6 plug relay for my solenoid to work?

16. andygoole Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Those six wires left should be wired as in diagram C. No need for any relay

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 4th Jan, 2010