K24A3 Valve clearances?

Discussion in 'Honda K-Series' started by mw88, Monday 7th Jan, 2019.

1. mw88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

Had the timing chain/tensioners changed on my K24 earlier this year, but the last few weeks I've had a strange rattling/knocking coming from the top end on light throttle at around 2.5/3k revs.

Doesn't happen at any other revs, or when accelerating hard/coming back down the revs with no throttle.

Any ideas if this could be valve clearances? I've had the garage I normally use to check the chain, and they said it's fine (Although I doubt they want to do the warranty work on such a ball ache of a job!)

Thanks,

2. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    Not sure without seeing however i would take back to where chain was done if you suspect workmanship was not done right.

3. DrSam Club Moderator Club Staff

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
  4. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    They should have done the valve clearances when they changed the timing belt, maybe they didn't do this.

As @honda_saj said, would really need to listen to the engine in person to be able to advise any further.

You sound like you are somewhere not too far away from me, I'm happy to have a listen and see what I can advise from that.

Drop me a PM if you want to meet up :Thumbup:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Actually, you may not have the PM option being a newish member, so let me initiate a PM.

honda_saj and DrSam like this.
  5. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    Thanks @SpeedyGee yes i believe a listen even use of strethoscope will help as you sometime when others do work we can only assume. :nodding: