K24 carb?

Discussion in 'Honda K-Series' started by Dc1 project, Monday 23rd Sep, 2019.

1. Dc1 project New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Beef and Spud Aylesbury
    A friend and I have just bought a dc1 as a long term track project. Currently got around 100bhp. So it's slooow. Long term idea is a k24 swap. We want to learn as we go, do as much as we can by ourselves.
    Has anyone done a k swap (20/24) and run it on a carb in place of the throttle body?
    The idea is that we could do a k swap, keep it cheap and easy by running it on a carb (like our current engine ZC)
    Is this possible without cannibalising the engine so we can later turn it back to injection and tune it?
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Adam.

2. SpeedyGee Club Manager Club Staff

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's an odd plan. I'm intrigued as to why you would want to do this? Could you explain, please?

It'll be a challenging feat indeed, things like getting a carb to mount, sorting out an ignition system, replacing the fuel pump with a lower pressure one etc

3. Dc1 project New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Beef and Spud Aylesbury
    If its a challenging feet then we'll wait and do the full swap in one hit. The reason for why, is that our current car runs on a carb, so I thought that if I could block off the injectors on a k24 and simply put a carb in place of the throttle body, we could run/drive it while collecting the rest of the parts to turn it back to injection and tune it. This is a long term project and we plan on keeping it on the road as much as we can. No ECU to worry about, changing the fuel tank, re-wireing etc. Since posting this I have done some more research. Found some dune buggus that run k24s on carbs. Seems a lot of work. Some that can't be rectified.