Engine & Gearbox k20 tuners: any good reccommendations???

Discussion in 'Honda K-Series' started by 4dvti, Wednesday 4th Nov, 2009.

1. 4dvti Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi everyone

Going to be getting the car tuned soon on hondata K pro, but I wasn't sure who to go to:Angry:. I'm thinking of trying ARTECH TUNING but wanted to know if you guys knew anyone else, or if any of you had been to them previously.

also, what kind of power figures am i looking for with full exhaust system and cold air induction on a low mileage k20a2?

any help appreciated.

thanx in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 6th Nov, 2009
  2. DanF Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

TDI north in warrington.

Best K20 tuners around

3. 4dvti Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thanx chap. will look into them! :Wink:

4. zubzub Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

there's a guy on EK9.org called will who is meant to be shit hot, lots off good feedback

5. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tdi north or Unit 8.

Unit 8 are great lads, perhaps a touch cheaper/easier to get a slot than at Tdi. They are based in Darwen, Lancs and do an excellent job.

Worth a look, although Tdi is closer.

6. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Im down south so I personally would take my car to CPL Racing in Kent, But If i was closer id go TDI North

7. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would not use CPL..

I have heard good things about TDi North and I have also heard good things about TDi South (based in Lakeside, Thurrock)..

8. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh, Whats wrong with CPL? Also can't find a website for TDi South

9. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What about TGM?

Up here I use Henry Roy (aka The Kat), hes been tuning hondas for as long as I can remember, doesnt produce 'hyped forum BHP' figures and is well priced too.

10. Kadir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

TDi South weblink as follows..

http://www.tdi-plc.com/

Where CPL is concerned, I have heard of a number of horror stories which does not inspire me with the confidence to leave my car with them for any kind of work.

11. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Arr never knew TGM were so close to me!

12. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

tgm actually use tdi north for there tuning as they don't have the facilities. tom does all his own engine work and the trailor's the cars up to tdi for mapping. have heard good reviews about artech tuning also.

13. 4dvti Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

thanx for the feedback folks:Smile:

14. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

also if you go on artech's website theres a pic of there mapping bay and it looks awesome lmao.

15. 4dvti Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

how much power is your K pushing after that tune???

16. Kris! Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ian at Clockwise Motion is a master at K20 tuning and is based in Brum. He doesnt advertise that much as he doesnt need to, and most of these big power K20's run by tuning companies and race teams actually have their engines built by him. He built Drmikey's K22 which pushes out over 280bhp and a shed load of torque. For example, He has an engine dyno and an exhaust jig so can make the perfect exhaust manifold design from scratch etc etc

17. shuga4life Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dans the man for k20's tuning

18. The TaylorNator Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hond-r tuned my k20 using hondata, they a bit pricy but its worth it to know the jobs been done right

19. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mine is running the standard map at the moment, Got a few bits to do like RBC inlet then remap it :Smile:

20. matwilliams Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆