Engine & Gearbox k20 CR-X AGAIN, im looking at you gerry and hond-r

Discussion in 'Honda K-Series' started by ek-greeny, Wednesday 11th Nov, 2009.

1. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

right my mates been in contact again, hes doing as you guys suggested and is flogging the manifold and going custom

he called me today and asked me about the swap harness

hes looked at the HR harness and said on the site in order to buy their k20-CR-X swap harness they need the old CR-X harness is return, is this true??

he also asked me where the harness went exactly, i assumed that it would go from the engine to the kpro ECU and to the fuse box via the CR-X interior loom??

would i be correct in thinking this?

if so why do HR want his original harness??

2. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im guessing they re-manufacture the harnesses using genuine plugs form old looms, hence the need

3. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well i thought that, wasnt sure if they could go without or what ever or what plugs?

4. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Harnesses arent that hard to make yourself to be honest, if hes competent with electrics he can have it wired up in a few hours, the main bits you need are the main EP3 engine loom, and also a cutting of the EP3 dash loom that includes the ECU plug thats on it, the multiplug that joins onto the engine loom, and the relays. With that, you can wire it into anything from a mini to a Civic, or anything else with just a few wires :Smile:

5. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

he has got a full FN2 k20z4 engine and engine loom and a CR-X import 16v and wiring loom, nothing more mate

how much would you want for a swap harness dude???

i wish i had the time and money to have a go at a k, want a trainee gerry???

6. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ahhh, FN2 makes it much trickier, hes gonna need all sorts like the throttle pedal, the immobiliser system etc. Better ditching it all for a cable throttled/EP3 loom/pra ECU....

7. ek-greeny Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

He's got an EP3 TB and adaptor plate at the moment, I think that the harness he has is EP3 come to think of it now! Tell you what, fuck it, I'll tell him to join up here and ask for himself!

You didn't awnser my other question Gerry lol