Engine & Gearbox K-killing h2b setup advice needed

Discussion in 'Honda F/H-Series' started by Afy, Thursday 16th Jan, 2014.

1. Afy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi guys, it's been a while since I made a thread, I have been lurking in the background reading instead.

Recently I have come across a few h22b setups,

Morphs old sir and ramzans h2b ITR.

Being used to boosted Civics I was like mehhhh, boost is boost, it's crazy fun. But in terms of day to day drivability, get in, turn key n drive, not worrying about wastegates leaking, boost creeping or whether the oil return pipes going to come off. I think h2bs are very good, especially morphs car, felt like it was boosted lol.

So now I want as much info on h2bs.

The info I know so far

H22 engine

F series crank (no idea which one)

K20 pistons

Gets you a 2.4

B-series valve springs with skunk2 springs spacers will help it rev.

ATR intake is good

Don't know what throttle body would be good?

Don't know what box would be good with the setup?

3 inch exhaust

Decent 421 manifold like a try-y or toda style.

Some h2b kits come with their own flywheel

I have a cc flywheel which I want to use, what kits gonna be good?

Ps I'm on a budget.

Help much appreciated.

I heard some k2b kits make the engine sit at a tilt,

So the bonnet doesn't sit flush. Are there other kits out there that will allow me to close bonnet with out spacers?

2. Dean Collier Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

using morfs kit from here i used all the mount from a b series and have no problems with bonnet touching the engine but the engine does sit close to the strut tower, but needs alot off modding to get box onto the engine and to make sure its strong as his kit u only have a few bolts holding the engine and box together but u can make ur own surports, i used a b series flywheel cover cut it in half grinded parts down and re drilled holes to give it another bolt holding it together, engine isnt running right at the mo got a misfire that im struggling to sort out so hasent been driven yet. got a skunk 2 mani and TB to go on as soon as its running right and a decent exhaust mani.

im using a s80 box from a 96 spec teg, can't say how good it is untill its on the road but seems a few breathing mods they produce good numbers and is alot cheaper then a k swap

3. Frank@MPG Commercial Services Trader

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 16th Jan, 2014
  4. newbs Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i keep watch on this,,i wudnt mind this as a nxt engine for mine

5. Cutz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i've got the distinct feeling that k20 pistons and an f-series crank won't fit. the h22a has fibre-reinforced liners (FRM) which need pistons that are compatible with the FRM surface.

the H2B kit does cause the engine to lean back quite a bit so yes you may have clearance around the firewall.

a better thing to do would be fit the H23A crank and go the full H22A conversion... I have and I'd never go back.

im currently using the Prelude M2B4 LSD gearbox but will be swapping that out for a U2Q7 LSD box from accord which is closer ratio'd and better acceleration/strength.

just get your hands on a written off accord or Prelude and take 90% of what you need straight from there ;-)

6. morf Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

the only kit you can buy that its the engine in its OEM position is the bisievo kit all the others sit them forward.

ill reply to your pm on here . you can use b series valve springs but not valves.

68mm tbody on a euro r intake are a realy good combo

yes you can use k20 pistons and even a k20 crank with some work :Wink: but yes you will need to sleeve the block.

depends what manifold you go for as to what your using the car for realy 

i don't like crower cams so id say sk2 or blox

gearbox is upto you realy but yes you can use your b series clutch and fly , the only kit that comes with a flywheel is the bisievo kit

have a read about this guy , realy nice and helpfull guy and knows more about h22's than most people 

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2838438

also google g22/g23 engine

7. EG6CIVIC Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The problem is if you get the engine sitting in the right position then you end up with the gearbox/Driveshafts not at the exact position that a bseries should be. This was a main issue on the EVO industries kit.

A properly done h2b should be as reliable as a normal b/H series, speak to Chris on here with the h2b delsol I'm pretty sure he has modified the sump or baffled it.

IMO if you don't get a cheap kit or use no kit then it is still quite expensive once you get all the parts for the swap. As normal bseries mounts will need upgrading. A decent clutch and flywheel,

But as above will be reliable and lots of fun with that much amount of Tourque and acceleration. Only issue with daily driving may be no power steering and alot of vibrations

8. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Afy be serious stay in the boosted scene lol.

You can use an f series block that eliminates having to sleeving the h22 block. I've got a few good setups that I've been looking at recently think I've told dean, the ATR intake is a good upgrade be sure to block 4 holes next to injectors. ATR TB is big enough also.

If done right you can make 300whp without laughin gas, I've been spending time talking some of the top guys over in the states. Surprised morfs still lerking about check my thread out to its got morfspeed all on it.

Also i had it all up for sale at a good too many messers i fin on ebay.

Need any advice setups ill give u a hand

Ash

9. morf Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

kazspeed make a sump for the h2b ,rammy used one on his teg. not been on for abit I cba with all the knobs on here lol yes befor you say it me being one of them haha

but anyway id use plm kit if I was ding it agen :Wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 17th Jan, 2014
  10. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Or buy my whole lot and wack it in that golf of yours lol.

Morosso have done one also but it cost about 4-500 i think,

H2b are deff k killers, im putting mine against civ boys and sennz should be fun

11. Afy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Morph

Chill, let the haters hate.

Seive through the shit and you will find a few decent guys here aswel

12. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Im decent lol. Afy u looked into this anymore?

13. morf Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

lol no i don't get botherd by any one ,it just gets boring more than anything .

14. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Morf when u getting another Civic then

15. morf Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't know if i am , but ill still have a honda 

16. Afy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ash put up a link to your stuff your selling pls

Ash you build thread scares me,

Your ups n downs and the amount of times you say you given up, had enough, makes me think

I'm going to have problems.

Have you sorted the air leak out ?

I'm not going to the extent of sleeving the block.

Infact I'm trying to keep the bottomed as stock as possible. Only if something breaks that I might go all out. I just miss VTEC.

17. morf Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

18. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Haha afy your funnu, think the main reason i was like that was that i wanted to follow others i.e you rocking big BHP compared to my h, and to do with the fact that i know alot about a h build when it comes to doing stuff at my garage im limited to what gets done and having to rely on others as this is my first build and going in balls deep as im only a hod carrier lol. I was selling engine, box, ECU loom, morfs kit, ATR intake yes the ports have been done, plm manifold, had that all on ebay at 750

19. Dean Collier Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

it will be for sale next week again keep a eye on ebay the rate ash changes his mind

20. EGH_22 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Haha won't be, if the council fucked me over

don't be like that dean, your the same haha lol