Civic/5th Gen Jonnays CBP eg6 -b18c4-

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Jonnay, Monday 28th Dec, 2009.

1. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello all :gaymon: Thought I'd start a build for this one because I think it'll be a keeper :Smile:

this was my last EG :Smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After my last eg4 with the d16z6 which i swapped for an s14a, i felt a longing for another Honda. So the silvia went, and this arrived from Exeter :Smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

spec when i got it was

1994 eg6 captiva blue

b18c4 from bone stock mb6 fitted

chipped and mapped p30

ebay induction kit

stock b18c4 manifold

spoon n1 system

stock mb6 box with working LSD

red rocker cover

body

crystal headlamps

6k HID kit hi/low

amber indicators

spoon style mirrors/spoiler

black bootlid/bonnet

wheels/chassis/brakes

redstuff pads front/rear

drilled and grooved front discs

yellow road springs

anthracite OEM fat fives

first thing to do was pop on some yokohama parada spec 2s, and get it tracked and serviced

[​IMG]

could tell something was up with the way it was driving, took weeks to figure out what it was but eventually i put a new set of front wishbones on and the inner bushes litterally fell out of the old ones :Messed: with the new ones on it drives beautifully, handles spot on !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my gf bought me a nice dishy steering wheel for my birthday, so ordered a boss up and popped that in :Smile:

[​IMG]

then it was time to ditch the black bonnet.. cos it was gash. bootlid will be going cbp ASAP too :Smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JDM'd my rear lights, tail lights and brake lights :Smile:

[​IMG]

me and andy, pickles2010 went to the taunton deane services meet where i bought a carbon clock surround from pitty and some clear corners from jasonday, cos i wasn't keen on the ambers against the blue, and one was leaking (ebay cheapies i think)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also got bored so took my front plate off for a giggle.. now got small import ones on front and rear :Smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

right, think that's up to date now :Smile: in my kitchen at home, much to my partners disgust i have a set of mb6 hubs and 96 spec rims that need a refurb, i'm not sure what colour to paint them though; is it sacrialige to paint them any colour other than white?! Also, I've got a set of dual perch coilovers i bought off warny which are being fitted tomorrow fingers crossed, and a dual bend shifter my lovely gf bought me again :Smile: oh, oh, and some stock cap blue mirrors because the spoon rep ones are rubbish :Smile:

longer term plans are full respray like my last one, in the stock colour, just freshens it up lovely, JDM tailgate, then I'd quite like ITR cams and valvetrain.. and maybe ditch the n1 for an under LCA system?

Let me know what you think!

2. JDMLJ Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lovelly :Smile:

If you sell the 'spoon' mirrors, let me know mate!

Love your new EG though Jonnay, look forward to seeing this evolve as good as your last one :cool:

3. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah I'll put the stock ones on this week i 'spect mate, wanna see what they look like before the 'spoon' ones go, but if you're interested you can have em for a few monies bud

4. JDMLJ Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah, thats cool, just give me a pm mate. Ill go away now, ill stop shitting on your build :lol:

5. M1K3Y_P Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Looks nice that does matey, captiva blue pearl FTW :Smile:

Get those clear corners de-tangoed but looks mint apart from that!

Liked your first EG too :Smile:

Mike

6. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah keep meaning to mate, need to get some silvertech bulbs sent up first.. i'll get on it soon :Smile: cheers for the nice comments :Smile:

7. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

just fitted my coilovers, looking good, got less than an inches gap between my mudflaps and the tarmac lol :| tucking on the front and just about the same on the rear :Smile: will get some pics later.

8. JDMLJ Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sweet! Looking forward to seeing the pictures :Smile:

9. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

awful picture but here we go

[​IMG]

i'll clean it and take some on my camera in the week :Smile:

10. Tanny Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Looks sweet, I've got an EK but always been a big fan of EG hatches. Watch out for mad tyre wear with the new drop in ride height mate, as you'll probabably have crazy negative camber.

All the best mate

11. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

cheers buddy, not really cambered a lot yet, but i want to go a few mm lower.. i'll buy some camber adjusters at some point and get it all set up though, yokos are dear even at cost :Frown: Cheers

12. coupeciviclsi Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Luke cheltenham
    looking good mate keep up the good work :Smile:

13. captain_sl0w Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

looking good. It would be worth buying an S80 gearbox

14. Tanny Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Much better ratio's for acceleration and stronger internals

15. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its on my list lol, will get there soon :Wink:

some better pics of coilovers and some DOHC VTEC decals which i'm not sure on, may get some black ones instead?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:Smile:

16. pickles2010 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

looking good mate!!! love ya johnnay!!!

17. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

cheers bro love ya too :Grin:

18. simmo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Like it apart from the induction pipe in the front bumper! still havent seen it around though

19. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah I hate that with a passion mate, one of the last owners influences sadly :Frown: Can't take it out or I'll have a big hole there.. I've been meaning to paint it flat black since I've had the car lol. Not seen yours about either mate, where are you from? I'm down hayle most of the time these days at my girlfriends..

20. Jonnay Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

quick 1st to 3rd vid to show the noise with the siomota induction kit and n1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FflWSpEnFLQ&feature=channel