jerking off, errr i mean jacking up lol

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by civicdave, Tuesday 8th Dec, 2009.

1. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

was just wondering on what is the safest way to jack up an EP3 so that all four wheels are off the ground. also whats the process? do you just jack the rear up and place on axle stands and then do the front? wanted to try it for a while now but jacking a car up whilst on axle stands really doesnt sound safe to me.

2. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

All I know is make sure the ground is even first! The rest I have no idea

3. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

lol cheers for that.

4. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Whats the reason for jacking the car up?, practising? :Tongue:lot:

5. chrisy2sg Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

don't matter which end you jack up first.As long as whichever end is sat on the axle stands properly and on solid level ground,you won't have a problem.

Try and get the axle stands as near the outside of the car as possible.(more stability).

6. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

excellent will give it a go soon enough. just want to do it when i fit my braided lines makes life easier thats all.

7. Gunter Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've never had a problem with having the front sills on axle stands, then jacking up the tow-hook eye, keeps the car stable, just have a mate keeping an eye on the stands, then you can put axle stands on the rear sill mounts

i always stack slabs under the car if its totally in the air, if it slips off, youve got a better chance of getting out.